Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
W
Hi all I have been full scope with STROMA and undertake EICR's in both a commercial and domestic setting, I have all quals, ins etc to undertake these For my first assessment NAPIT's asessment check list is asking for 3 EICR's from each category from the past year I am just a sole trader so...
Replies
Views
SparkySy
SparkySy
E
Hi, new member here and homeowner. I asked for an Electrical certificate to be produced when I purchased my home in Sept 2020. One was produced which looked legit, Ill admit I didn't think to double check but not sure if many people like me would have, I am a single mother with two children...
Replies
Views
Soi disant
Soi disant
A
Hi, I've recently moved from paper certification to online. All works ok with my laptop but can't seem to click on options with the iPad! Any ideas greatly welcome.
Replies
Views
aquarianmonkey
A
L
Hi all, I had an assessment yesterday and failed :(. The reason I failed was there were ring circuits that had mcb's and not rcbos. the apartments I showed were ones that the company I work for provided the apartments and are ones in which I installed and tested but were digned 2- 3 years ago...
Replies
Views
Dan
C
Hello, Ive got my first NICEIC Approved assessment coming up with Tim Leibe. Ive been with Elecsa in the past but decided to go for the full scope. Just wondering what to expect, questions he may ask and if anyone has had dealings with Tim in the past? Any help would be great.
Replies
Views
HandySparks
HandySparks
L
As part of a renovation to my home I'm having some electrical work done. It's been organised through the builder so he contracts with the sparkie and I contract with the builder. The sparkie is NICEIC registered and has just done the testing prior to issuing the certificate. He's made the...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
charlie76
Had my first NAPIT assessment today. He came and looked at a rewire I've recently done and went through all my paperwork back at my office. He was very thorough contrary to all the bad mouthing NAPIT get. It was no walk in the park by any means, checked everything. However, also very helpful...
Replies
Views
charlie76
charlie76
H
Builder fined for misuse of NICEIC logo
Replies
Views
PEG
H
Hi everyone!! I'm new to this site so be gentle ;) i have my my first assessment on Monday!! (7/12/15) Ive done a CU change and tested, the NIC told me 1 job but seeing people saying 2 (some say 1 major 1 minor and others 2 majors for first assessment). 3 things really. 1) any advice? 2) I...
Replies
Views
Happyhammer
H
Markc
I’ve just completed the course and online revision test and now can sit the online exam at a Gola centre. The course was £399 which includes the exam so a significant saving for the four days at a local college as I done it at home in the evening. After completing the course there is no...
Replies
Views
amckay
A
S
There is some twin and earth cables installed in a non insulated cavity wall should I write this on my test sheet these cables were installed by others
Replies
Views
bigbaddave
B
S
hi Im undertaking a full house rewire with a view to having an NICEIC assesment to get registered. Im not sure of a few things though. 1. Bathroom lights. If i have downlights should the ceiling rose junction box be accesible or should all the wires be connected with the neutrals in the...
Replies
Views
GLENNSPARK
GLENNSPARK
L
Hi guys, Got my first assesment ever with Napit on monday morning , just wondered if any of you had any advice or heads up on questions the assesor may ask ?? :sad:
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
E
You may already know this but I thought I'd put it up as if I had heard this 4 weeks ago, I could have saved myself £400. If you have 2 or more months left on your registration, if you transfer your membership to ELECSA, they waiver their joining fee of (£444 with VAT). I don't know if the...
Replies
Views
electromonkey
E
J
Hi everyone, Anyone heard of the Building control wanting cable traces done? Im using my house as the first job already done and plastered in .Its not a new build and inner skin is made up of The Famous Clinker Blocks so i used existing socket holes and chases even though there not within the...
Replies
Views
jayherb
J
E
Boys I'm having my first NICEIC assesment in a couple of weeks (domestic work only). I need a heads up on what to expect and what they will expect me to supply ie H&S statement etc, I've heard they will want to know about the complaints procedure, whats that about? can you please give me what...
Replies
Views
robsparx
R
Post a New Thread / Question