Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
C
Our company uses the Certsure software for filling the NICEIC Forms…there’s no flag up when you miss like a date or Mulit tester used. When completed you have no chance of adding missed info…which I think is kinda crazy. What do you guys do if some info is missed on the Original complete...
Replies
Views
U
J
Hi , I am a bit confused on this one.Been asked to test a mobile cafe,(also have 2394 and 5) but am not a member of any of the above bodies, can I do it? and would it be acceptable to the council? Was thinking along the lines of an eicr. Any advice would be greatly received
Replies
Views
westward10
westward10
Dan
Recently read a thread on the forum that I thought I'd bring to the attention of others. Hopefully it'll help cut out scamming in the industry, if that's what it is. I'll let you decide. A company called MyHome Installations Limited, website MyHomeUK.co.uk, was hard-selling "Wolf of Wall...
Replies
Views
Dan
J
Morning i have calculated my max demand as 69.6a (sum of mcb's x 0.4) and on my eic i have n/v the main head fuse- but on the sticker it says 60/80a (i know it could actually be 60 or 80 or 100 inside) this is the job i am using for my niceic initial assessment will this be asked about by...
Replies
Views
conrad
C
Clark3169
Hi guys. I've recently moved from NAPIT to NICEIC I've just issued a cert. Now the circuit details are as follows. Lighting, 6amp RCBO Ze - 0.18 R1&R2 - 0.64 ZS - 0.82 Now by my understanding the max allowed ZS is 6.14 for the type of RCBO so I'm well within the allowed but on the generated...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Anthony S
A
C
Hi guys, I have my elecsa assessment in the next few weeks and im going change the cu at my sisters flat. The cu is supplied by a swa cable so im going to use a metal clad cu and im finding it hard to get a daul RCD met clad cu. Would it be ok to just use a split load met clad rcd board? I...
Replies
Views
colface
C
N
Hi everyone, Does anyone have or know where i can get the latest NICEIC templates for this horrible software. My free software support period has expired and i am loathed to pay for support which i do not need just to get an update which in my opinion should have come with the thing in the...
Replies
Views
Nick Yeates
N
M
Hi Qualified back in April and just passed my PAT testing part and I've a few issues with equipment and membership selections. Can any recommend the best Multi and PAT Testers to get, I've read many sites and reviews but I cant get a simple "this one is better than that because of this"...
Replies
Views
Markymark981
M
A
IMAG0264.jpg picture by arthur1456 - Photobucket Here is my first CU install, some circuits were left old, some were new installed by myself, i will show this install for my assessment, i would like to hear your opinion maybe something i should change or improve. The main earthing terminal is...
Replies
Views
High Tower
H
G
Hello to all Having used this site to find information {can't believe the amount of stuff some of you guys know} and help with a few problems on jobs over the years I have decided to join. I originally did the old 236 1 and 2 on 15th edition at night school 3 nights a week for 3 years if only...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
H
i have a problem with my powersuite program, when i print off my test results to niceic software forms, the stoopid program also prints not only typed in readings etc, but description too. powersuite warranty is out of date, and im not renewing at 230 a year f**k that! any solutions ta
Replies
Views
venitiam
V
P
can you help me, on niceic installation certs in the maximum demand load box, is that for the hole installation or just the modifide or new circuit. and is this measured with a clamp tester ? any help would be most welcome pete
Replies
Views
zone77
zone77
K
Dont know about any of you but i see more and more multi trade/diy/maintenance vans/sole traders with electrical work on them NICEIC domestic installer logo's eg :- TILING PAINTING PLASTERING PLUMBING GARDENING BUILDING DIY MAINTENANCE ALL ELECTRICAL PIZZA'S SANDWICHES COFFEE TEA SLIPPER REPAIR...
Replies
Views
flukey
flukey
Post a New Thread / Question