Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
P
I am registered with NAPIT in England for domestic installation and testing. Am I able to change a CU in a flat in Scotland? And am I able to issue an installation certificate for the work? Also, am I able to issue EICRs? As far as I can see from the Scottish building regs, changing a CU does...
Replies
Views
J
C
NAPIT OR NIC?! Hello guys, wondering if some of you could help. Recently became self employed so have never had to register with a assessment body to be an electrician to sign off my own work. I am looking to become a domestic installer with either of the two. Just wanted to see what was best...
Replies
Views
timhoward
timhoward
newfutile
New requirements to be a QS from 1st sep 2021 from what i can read here ( https://www.niceic.com/join-us/approved-contractor-scheme-(1)/eas-entry-requirements-april-21.aspx) it would appear your need to have completed an apprenticeship or a mature assessment, does anyone have any ideas on what...
Replies
Views
U
T
I want to get competent within BS5266 (I think!) i.e. fire alarms and emergency lighting. I am thinking of doing the Napit course. Any opinions on the best way forward on this, or Napit course?
Replies
Views
Centrinomo
C
P
Hi, looking for some advise please. Ive applied for NICEIC registration and I’m awaiting my assessment, my problem is that I’ve been advise by the NICEIC that the assessor will need to see 3 jobs on the visit and the certification needs to be in my company name. As any domestic work needs to...
Replies
Views
banny07
banny07
D
I have just booked my first NICEIC assessment for the domestic installer scheme. On the telephone I was told that I needed to have an additional assessment plan due to not holding a "full craft qualification" (NVQ Level 3). I was told that this would include some extra questions and the...
Replies
Views
JBW175
JBW175
A
Hi, does anyone have any ideas of work I could do I my own home for a 1st assessment. Struggling to think of anything that need doing. Something that you've already used for your own assessment. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Dartlec
Dartlec
M
Hi Guys, I've got my NIC Domestic Installer assessment coming up in a few weeks and am a little concerned about it. I signed up over the phone, signed and returned the forms, but after re-reading them, I'm a little (lot) concerned. As I don't hold an NVQ L3, the form mentions I require a...
Replies
Views
richy3333
richy3333
R
PLEASE HELP WE ARE AT RISK OF FURE OR SHOCK THIS IS A CODE 1,I’m disabled got no electricity in flat landlord cut it off since November 2019 to evict me fire in electrical cupboard
Replies
Views
westward10
westward10
Floody
Just thought id let people know i've just completed my NICEIC assessment via Skype, because of the virus. Was fairly straight forward, he contacted me a few days before to get what he needed via email to make things smoother, really lovely fella. Asked a few technical questions about...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
buzzlightyear
buzzlightyear
J
Hi guys I received this message from NARIC Thank you for your application for a Statement of Comparability. We note from your application that you may be intending to use this document to apply for a CSCS / JIB-PMES card. The standard Statement of Comparability will not be accepted by CSCS...
Replies
Views
JohnIon
J
A
hi all, is anyone out there niceic DI only but uses the logo without the "domestic installer" written underneath. I would like to register to sign off my domestic stuff legally but dont really want to give the impression that I'm only a DI (as I'm qualified in both domestic and commercial...
Replies
Views
A
P
Hi all I have my nic-eic assessment Thursday I think I’m all prepared but just wondering from your past experiences what I could expect. It’s Domestic Installer I’m doing. Thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
Peter1891
P
C
Hello All, I saw Today in the `Installer` online Magazine [used to be CORGI`s Gas Installer Magazine] that the NICEIC are going to offer a Bursary to encourage Women to become Electricians - here is a link to that article: NICEIC launches bursary to encourage female electricians into the...
    • Winner
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Pete999
Pete999
eleanor jones
Napit or Stroma? Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and domestic with Agency. whom should I join ? Any recommendations? And Why?
Replies
Views
Midwest
Midwest
Michael J
Hi Has anyone ever used these?
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix
D
hi guys i spoke to nappit recently after reading their codebreakers book,it said code 2 for all cables which are buried in the wall less than 50mm deep not rcd protected.i then said when doing a eicr i have always coded lighting circuits not rcd protected as code 3, he then said you would have...
Replies
Views
ipf
Leesparkykent
Are the rumors true? If it is, I can only see that as being a bit of a blow to Stroma registered......
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Leesparkykent
Leesparkykent
gutterball
Hi, anyone else having trouble logging into the nic certificate site. It's been giving me a cannot connect timed out error since about 11 this morning.
Replies
Views
ChrisElectrical88
C
the pict
I was going to go off on one but what's the use so sod them let them have their bank holiday week end and sort it on Tuesday poor things must be cream crackered I mean a 35 hour week must be exhausting with at least 10 weeks between holiday week ends lasting from Friday to Mondays, maybe one...
    • Agree
    • Informative
Replies
Views
the pict
the pict
Diver233
Advice gladly accepted. So I’ve spent well over £1000 and loads and loads of time studying for the City and Guilds 2391 exam with the NICEIC. Did the course last week and took and passed the multi choice test on the fourth day, with the practical and written test left to do. I was told when I...
Replies
Views
electric al
electric al
C
The below video is quite funny and makes the regulation by private companies quite funny... but slightly worrying.
Replies
Views
HappyHippyDad
HappyHippyDad
T
Hi I have my first annual assessment next week. I have yet to do my 18th but have the reg book. Is there anything new since last year as to what the inspector is looking for? Paperwork wise I have everything up to date but im wondering about the site visits and if I will be missing some new regs...
Replies
Views
thomaspotato
T
NDG Elecs
Did half an EICR this morning, finishing it off tomorrow night. I tried Napit Mobile for the first time. What an annoying counterintuitive process it is. Can't skip between different parts of the form. Filled in the origins section no problem, pressed submit, but then what? I don't know! Does...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
Amp David
Amp David
S
I am having problems with the new software and wondered if perhaps a wiser head than mine can help me work around the problem Basically the new software is rubbish and the NICEIC couldn't be less helpful and it took 3 phone calls for the relevant department to admit to their being a problem -...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
ipf
Zdb
I use my own MEIWC that I based on the NICEIC's version below: Can someone confirm if the NICEIC are using the same certificate or if it has changed due to the 18th edition. Also if it has changed, please could someone upload a scan on the newer version for me to use as a template. thanks
Replies
Views
Zdb
Gavin John Hyde
Anybody else getting emails constantly updating them with the now not so new news that the NICEIC online certification site is still not working after they upgraded it? My email is now directing them to spam without any input from myself. guess Microsoft take the same view about them! I am...
Replies
Views
buzzlightyear
buzzlightyear
sham
Has anyone considered moving to Stroma, or have you already done so. I've had an email from NICEIC saying that they increased their prices. Therefore I am considering moving to Stroma. Also, Stroma say they do not have an issue with third party certs, as NICEIC told me that they do not allow it...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
NDG Elecs
Hi folks, I am trying to decide on the best 18th cert software package. I would like something that has a bit more uumpph than the standard forms. I have just downloaded the free trial of napit desktop and would appreciate any feedback from others - particularly any negatives. So far I kinda...
Replies
Views
rolyberkin
rolyberkin
Dobes_88
I know they were updating stuff over this weekend, but was expecting to be able to create new 18th Edition certificates via the (free) app which doesn't appear to be the case... This the case for everyone or am I missing something?
Replies
Views
Dobes_88
Dobes_88
einstein
salutations, wondering whats the difference between using the NICEIC app vs NICEIC online through a browser? Kind Regards e
Replies
Views
richy3333
richy3333
the pict
Has anyone done the NICEIC online 18th full course I have to say I would have expected something a bit more, well more really its like steak pie full of sausages, more meat would be good, and getting booked onto a exam venue that does not involve a round trip of 100 miles would also help, but I...
Replies
Views
Doomed
Doomed
orrell electrics
Just completed my first 18th edition certificate online Took me about an hour to work my way through the new overly complicated forms Lo and behold half of the fields are blank and none of the test results/circuit details have saved and are blank Why the ---- are they continually trying to...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
Phill
Hi all, Newbie from the West Midlands, just starting out in the electrickery world (certainly not in life... change of direction) and have my NICEIC assessment in a few weeks for registration as a domestic installer. This is my first ever and so any tips and info about what to expect would be...
Replies
Views
Phill
Phill
N
Hi all, I have recently just because an NICEIC registered contractor, I’ve been using the amtech (or Trimble fast test, as it’s now know ) for about a year now and I quite like it. Anyways could any of you street me in the direction on how to generate NICEIC certificates from it, all mine...
Replies
Views
Risteard
Risteard
exposedpart
Has anyone done the Niceic online full course ? Was just wondering if it’s any good or if the classroom setting it better ? Thanks in advance
Replies
Views
ChrisElectrical88
C
Gavin John Hyde
For people who are not members of NICEIC or Elecsa's various schemes, the current issue of connections magazine has some useful info in it about the changes in the 18th edition. Some useful bits on how the certificates are changing and other useful sections. The bit on chasing up non payers...
    • Useful
    • Informative
Replies
Views
JK-Electrical
JK-Electrical
Pete999
There ha s been some criticism , mostly some gut reactions to how much of a time waste it was, true it was a waste of time, in the format it was presented in. Far to much padding in the guise of the Presenters being late, and their eventual arrival at the venue. Also needless history reminders...
    • Agree
    • Winner
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
Z
Hi guys I'm about to start a C&G 2365 Lv 2 in September this year. What qualifications would I need to register as an NICEIC domestic installer? Also can I get work as an electricians mate while I study for the 2365 Lv 2?
    • Optimistic
    • Funny
    • Informative
Replies
Views
MDJ
Sparky10
Hi Guys, Part of my NICEIC Assessment i have been told to provide my 17th Edition Certificate but As i finished my College in 2010 i have already been taught to 17th Edition Standards why would i need to take 17th edition Test again. My JIB card also states 17th Edition on the back...
Replies
Views
Des 56
D
calpol91
Eyup. I need to get on the approved contractors scheme with the NICEIC, I’ve got all the right qualifications, however the thing that’s bothering me is the qualified supervisor role - they seem to want me to have 2 years trading, which I don’t have. Is this right? I spoke to them yesterday and...
Replies
Views
MDJ
M
Hi All, Firstly I am new to this forum and apologies if I am posting in the wrong area. I have recently attended the Part-P domestic installers course that covered the following: • City & Guilds 4141-01 - Electrical Installation Work within a Domestic Dwelling • City & Guilds 2393 – Building...
Replies
Views
Dave OCD
Dave OCD
Soulsurfer
So it seems after over a week at least in my case the online certs software seems to be working again...but trying to fill out an EICR for under 100A service and it keeps asking me crap about caravans etc.. ?? It's a bloody house not a caravan or motorhome !! I'm thinking I have filled out...
Replies
Views
Midwest
Midwest
willy fixit
Anybody else had a phone call and/or email from NAPIT offering membership £100 cheaper than NICEIC?
    • Agree
Replies
Views
RWJ
T
Does anyone know what this is/been on it for what I have been told it is not a C & G course but is for those who haven't so they can become members?
Replies
Views
Gavin John Hyde
Gavin John Hyde
R
What do you all make of the new JIB grade that they are to introduce with the new 18th edition? 'ECS registered electrician' is what they are calling it apparently to replace gold card? Have I heard this correctly? What are your thoughts?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
S
Hi, New to the forum. Ive just completed my 17th Edition, have my ECS card and I want to go self employed. What is the best scheme for me to join?
Replies
Views
Sparkingmad
Sparkingmad
N
I am really struggling with the section 7 of the Napit Installation Cert. The reason is because the demo forms I have filled in during the course and examples elsewhere all seem to contradict eachother and it appears many people can't agree either. So by going through forums and looking at...
Replies
Views
newtotest
N
JackSparky
What are all the fees and costs to become registered with NICEIC?
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
A
Info for anyone currently looking to join, Whilst I was very nervous the night before, there is no need to be, as long as you know how to test and your upto date with the regs, then this is a breeze, Inspector arrived 9am, Quick meeting explaining about the scheme. Went through the office...
    • Useful
    • Informative
Replies
Views
Dave OCD
Dave OCD
Post a New Thread / Question