Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
C
Hi Guys, I'm looking at doing a course to become a DI but I don't want to just be doing residential maintenance forever, i'd like to work on site eventually but have been told I would not be able to unless I work as a mate or do the 2365 level 2 and 3 and the NVQ 3 after and I don't have the...
Replies
Views
MattyStill
M
J
Hi there. As I understand NAPIT approved contractors automatically are able to carry out PAT testing with there yearly subscription. Do NICEIC approved contractors get the same benefit? I'm currently just a domestic installer and would have to pay an extra £450+VAT per a year for PAT testing!!
Replies
Views
jumpjamesjump
J
A
Anyone successfully work mainly for agents with part p with stoma or the like or are they all still stuck in the nic past? Only asking as I've just phoned nic to join and the attitude of the woman on the phone is a joke, as if shes doing me a favour so I'd rather go elsewhere but if peoples...
Replies
Views
Des 56
D
Gavin John Hyde
I am having a weird problem with the NICEIC website, Am just finishing a EIC on the website, but for some reason it wont let me sign the QS bit digitally, I can create certificates but can not finalise them ready for printing or emailing to hand to customer, it was working fine yesterday. It...
Replies
Views
Midwest
Midwest
T
On the schedule of test results on niceic cerificate where it says points served.Does a double socket mean 1 point or 2?
Replies
Views
Taylortwocities
Taylortwocities
C
just a quick question quite possibly a question for the NIC however i have been wondering what would stop someone simply copping my certificates and putting different client details on? i have managed to edit PDFs in the past so that wont stop anyone. essentially what would prevent someone...
Replies
Views
SparkyChick
SparkyChick
L
Hi there, I am looking to apply to join NICEIC but have a few questions. If i show the assessor jobs i have done and tested will i be required to show proof of me notifying work to Building control?. 2, if become a member of NICEIC will i be covered by part P automatically and will i have to...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
L
Well took the plunge yesterday and had my assessment and passed so happy days. Took 2 hours with lots of questions and some testing but chap was very friendly so put me at ease.
Replies
Views
Richard Burns
Richard Burns
B
Since when have Elecsa stopped sending out certificates with a start and end date. An estate agent customer has asked if the open ended certificate is correct
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
N
Had my assesment this morning couldnt gone any better over the moon with it. Anyone know how long it will be before i recieve my registration no and when can i use the online notification? all he said was i would recieve a letter and email if its anything like when i paid untill i received the...
Replies
Views
Spoon
Spoon
B
Hello all, I passed my 1st NAPIT assessment Saturday, after being made redundant as QS with an NIC domestic installer registered building firm (company went bust!) before christmas and setting up on my own again. I would like to thank all that have posted in this forum about scheme...
Replies
Views
al pal
A
D
Does the assessor actually need to see you use a proving unit?
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
M
Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom that may help me with my Part P Assessment for the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme on Friday? Which areas should I focus on for learning? I have selected 2 jobs, one is a new DB in a shed and all the wiring and the other is a 16th century...
Replies
Views
malcolmwelsh
M
M
hello all, this question is to all niceic electricians. i want to order some pat testing labels. i cannot find any on the website with the niceic logos. i am an approved contractor so was looking for ones with the logo. some advice please? shall i just order thr green ones? cheers in advance
Replies
Views
oldtimer
O
Z
Hi guys, Is it true that NICEIC requires that the PIR testing is the 100% of the installation? I have always tested around 50-60%, but now I have client who is saying that the NICEIC wants 100%. Anybody knows about this? thanks!
Replies
Views
RISElectrical
R
S
Am I doing right by issuing and EIC before my assessment with napit and being able to notify it if and went I pass. I've heard this is true but doesnt seem right
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
Jay Sparks
Hi Guys & Gals, Just thought id share my good news that i passed the Elecsa assessment today. I was absoloutly bricking it. He looked at all my paper work, then asked me a question on referance method. My mind went completely blank:6:and I just sat there and looked at him. He said I could look...
Replies
Views
kenny7askew
kenny7askew
My Assessment is Oct 26th, and have just got a few questions rattling away in my little old head. Any help would be gratefully received. I have channged the CU in my house and tested it along with completing the cert. Is this ok to put to the inspector? Have also put in a radial socket (from an...
Replies
Views
hifly
Deleted member 19807
R
I intend to install a ring on my son's rented property as my assesment piece, I have written confirmation off the landlord and would like to start soon, I of course have insurance but do I need to inform building contol of my intention to install a ring? (surface) I am part P regisetered...
Replies
Views
white armour
W
S
Hi All, Just want to say hello and ask if anyone can recommend a good PV installation course. I'm based in London, but happy to travel. I really want something that will get me up and running, not just theory. Any thought on C&G 2372 v NICEIC? I'm newish to sparking, trained up to C&G 2391 as a...
Replies
Views
ExArmy
E
i=p/u
does anyone know the cost of using the niceic logo for pat testing, the fee??? and what they require???
Replies
Views
rocker
R
L
Hi everyone I passed my elecsa assessment today with only a few minor observations, i need to brush up on my bathroom zones and the percentage of low energy lights needed. Thanks everyone for the helpful advice leading up to today. :D:D:D
Replies
Views
lucus
L
M
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my major works certs ready for the NIC chap to look at. My problem is my IR test results. I have replaced CU's in both my house and my parents house and just cannot seem to get a decent reading. Mum and Dad's Lights up/Down and Sockets up/Down all come...
Replies
Views
MisterX
M
Post a New Thread / Question