Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Please feel free to post threads specifically about the certification companies we have in the UK:- This forum is to discuss the certification companies specifically. There are many. Gas Engineers have one. Not sure which is best to be honest. The many or the few. You will need to choose a prefix, so it has to be about one of the schemes. If it doesn't have an option, contact staff and we will stick it in our to-do list..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
N
Hi All, I have my ELECSA assessment in a few weeks time. I was going to install an in-line water heater at a friends house but am now considering a board change at another friends house as this seems to be what they really want to see. I am trying to back up everything I do with regulation...
2 3
Replies
Views
westward10
westward10
Midwest
Just looking at the Elex Show at Sandown, and Napit have a rather strange offer; NAPIT - £100 off selected applications. Looks like they are offering to give £100 towards joining Elecsa/NICEIC. How nice of them :hurray: Or have I got that wrong :rofl:
Replies
Views
ipf
J
Hi guys, new here and just starting out. Have got my Elecsa assessment coming up Wednesday and just wanted to run a few things by you all as it seems a great forum to help. I have changed a CU as my job and whilst I believe all to be ok I just wanted to query a couple of things. Namely the...
Replies
Views
Guest77
G
C
Just wondering what kind of questions I should expect on my on the phone and practical assessment when registering with NICEIC. Anything in particular or just depends on how the assessor feels on the day? Cheers
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
D
Hi all Just going though the application to register, has anyone information about the trustmark scheme. can you join later regards Dave
Replies
Views
SparkyJoe
SparkyJoe
HappyHippyDad
I have just had an e-mail from Stroma saying that it will cost £576 (inc VAT) for my annual membership! They plan a site vist. Do the other schemes charge this much? I've quickly checked out the NICEIC website and it is £444 (inc VAT) for the annual fee. Would this include a site visit or would...
2 3
Replies
Views
suffolkspark
suffolkspark
M
Hi I have my Elecsa assessment in under two weeks and ive never felt so stressed in my life! I've changed my C.U. to use as my job as i thought it would be easier but im really struggling with the testing especially on the downstairs ring final sockets. Ive done end to ends and got Line 0.61ohms...
Replies
Views
Guitarist
Guitarist
R
Hello. I'm just after some advise about gaining NICEIC Approved Contractor status. I was made redundant last year after 12+ years with a firm and after nearly a year of agency and sub-contract work, and quite a few domestic jobs, i recently got my first commercial job. A mate at the firm i was...
Replies
Views
telectrix
telectrix
S
Say you have a CU change to do to the 17th edition lets say changing a 1970s fuse wire board. For the bonding you can get onto the main water service but getting onto the main gas pipe means taking up lots of upstair floor boards (and the customer does not want you to). Do you bond main water...
Replies
Views
Guitarist
Guitarist
P
Hi folks i was wondering if someone would be able to clarify the steps i need to take to renew my grading card that was obtained in November '06 with CSCS. Basically i went travelling and the last thing on my mind was sparking so my grading card has expired along with my CSCS. It is time to...
Replies
Views
pearsgb
P
D
Just recieved an email. "Registration request from -my name- via the NICEIC website" Which is funny cos Ive never requested registration or even been on there website.
Replies
Views
Electricalserv
E
M
I am currently doing a rewire for my elecsa registration and want everything to be good. The client as always wants very little decorating to do after so I have pulled cables where I can down original chases. I was going to leave the original 16mm deep light switch boxes in place due to...
Replies
Views
rocker
R
Post a New Thread / Question