Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical News - Electricians News - Electrical News / Electricians News

Submit your electrical company news and electrical news articles for free!! Reach thousands of daily regular readers, millions of monthly unregistered readers. All for free. Just register for a free account under your company name, and post your article in this section. Include as many pictures as you want (the more the better) and maximum 2 links to your own website (not tracking links that expire etc - just direct ones). Contact details are a must.

Please only post around one electrical news article a month from your company, or at least let somebody else post an article before you post another. It may take a few months before we have a regular spread but once we have somebody posting every day, you're welcome to post one article a week etc. We just don't want it to look too spammy from one company alone.

Make sure they're unique to the forum and not mass-blasted press releases. Get in touch if you're struggling to post something here. An account is free of charge, and posting articles is also free. But to post in discussion threads, you would need to be a paying sponsor and support the forum financially like our existing sponsors do. Thanks for understanding. Dan - [email protected] or 07779 555 007 if you need help registering to our forum, or posting an article..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification

Electrical News | Electricians News - News and Articles for the Electrical Industry News and Articles for the Electrical Industry - Electrical News / Electricians News and Information Wanted Here are ElectriciansForums.net (formerly ElectriciansForums.co.uk) we've tried a few times to get some kind of workable article system linked in with the forum software we use. We use the worlds best forum software, and opted for the worlds best 'blogging' (news) software, WordPress. We cleverly...

- Get even faster Electrical Advice using Electricians Forums and 'Accelerated Mobile Pages' or AMP Uses less data when you're out and about but still need electrical advice Can access the greatest database of electrical advice quickly and easily Find Electrical Advice using Google AMP Google your electrical problems and you should eventually once we're indexed right find our AMP pages listed at the top of the search results as a box with the thread title in it, and some of the posts...
THIS IS FOR ELECTRICAL NEWS ONLYi is it me or does it take older guys longer to do jobs that when we was young
so, I was looking through google news this morning and i saw and advert for a device that I thought was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE interesting that the device shown in the independant news footage is not the same as the little plug in unit that they are selling. Now I was under the impression that domestic meters in the uk measure in Kwh not in Kva and therefore don't penalise us for having a poor power factor. the advert from google actually states that it can reduce your bill by up to 90% and...
I was thinking of getting Chas registered and wanted to know if it's worthwhile or whether another one like constructionline is better? I would like to be able to work for the local authority and also for residential and commercial letting agents.
Hi, I am having a plug & Play hottub delivered I have a double socket outside on garage wall, I need about 5m of cable to reach tub, can anyone advise on what I need to buy to get this installed I.e. socket ,cabling, rcd protection.it says I need 13amp 240v power supply. Many thanks Nick
Does anyone know if there is any outside contractors who just do wall chasing in London?
Hello can anyone offer and advice on running power to an workshop. All work will be done by a professional electrician, I am merely seeing if my idea is feasible. So far I have 6mm swa prysmian cable buried according to reg, sand bedded and warning tape over etc 6.5 metre run. I have recently had a new electric oven installed which is 240v 2075w. I have an unused switched supply on the kitchen ring main for an old baseboard heater. Would the following be possible, connect the over to the...
I guess you could file this under hints and tips. When you're installing a socket the worst part, for me at least, is pushing it into place and keeping it there while you tighten the screws. That means bending the cables, however many there are. It can be quite a feat of strength and and a bit nerve racking. I have actually cracked a few new sockets in the past and had to replace again. I use pointed nose pliars to bend them but it's still a pain and a struggle. What do you guys do? Is...
Already fitted consumer unit circuit breaker (1) MCB 20 Amps feeding an Emerson Water Heater in another part of building over the years Emerson water heater removed [[ But the power cable remains... Now newly fitted to this unused Emerson heater cable Cable [[ Replaced: Now been modernized new cable ]] consumer (2) unit circuit breaker 40 Amps: safety: - |My question as at (1 above ) what Must that 20 Amp mcb circuit breaker replaced with ? thereby making the new installation safe to...
So I’m currently studying Ze and pfc etc kind of understanding it. main question really is about the relationship between them both I understand that the lower the Ze the higher the fault current but why is this? Is it just simply to do with ohms law? And I’m just over thinking and confusing myself Any responses would be appreciated
Looking for some advice..... I work with a 4 zone heating timer programmer. Zone1 = kitchen,hall & towel rail but just in the last week when the heating goes off the towel rail comes straight back on so it must be something to do with towel rail signal as kitchen & hall heaters go off. The Timer clock is only 1 year old so can't be that. Can it be anything to do with pilot wire interface connected to the towel rail?
I have moved in 3 days to a flat which seems to have a lot of problems. I have not had hot water yet and the agent tells me I will pay for a call-out if it will be something simple and I could have found it on the internet.. So I am paranoid. The red light is on. I usually would have a shower around 1 am but there was never hot water in the bathroom or kitchen regardless of the time. I also found next to the water container that all switches were on but the isolator switch was off. Is that...

Do I need to upgrade the gas and water bond and upgrade main earth to pass the EICR?
Hi Anyone point in the right direction, I'm looking for an apprenticeship having already done my level 2 and 3 electrical installation and testing city and guilds at Dudley college. Im.based in Halesowen West Midlands. I'm a quick learner and take pride in my work. Any help appreciated. Cheers
(Rented property) The current bonding under the sink is 6mm - the electrician said it has to be min 10mm in order to pass the EICR. Is this correct? It looks like the wire has been there since the house was built and electrician said he would have to take a new one from the fuse box and somehow get this under the sink (go through ceilings etc as fuse box font of house and kitchen is at the back) Is this correct? Any advice would be much appreciated!
QR Codes have been around for 20 years and have pretty much been successfully used in special cases - scan the code to view the information or website. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak and the need for touchless access to information (think menus) and NHS tracking apps, the humble QR code has seen a resurgence. QR code Reader by Scan iGoogle Playstore has had more than 50 million downloads! Can the humble QR code be paired-up with the classic distribution board and make...