Questions and electrical advice in the Free Electrical Help - Free Electrical Help. Free Electrical Help Each section contains detailed information about an electrical wiring project, and links to the most popular questions about the topic. Are You Serious about electrics. Ask a Question: Ask an Electrical Question; All questions receive a reply within minutes. Questions & Answers: The Q&A area alone contains more than 3100 Home Electrical. Site Map: The site map of the content of this website. Extensive listing of electrical artifacts and so on..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

M
I want to test my solar generator (pure sine wave inverter on a LIFPO4 battery) to run my gas furnace. I can disconnect the hot wire at the panel...
Replies
Views
MonteBrian
M
J
Can a 3way switch be wired using regular single pole switches? Is there a way to splice the wires to make this work or do I need 3 way switches...
Replies
Views
Jaydawg
J
L
Dimplex digital thermostat baseboard heater, 2000w was wired 12/2 on 20a. Planning to add 1000w onto the circut so now wired 10/2 on 30a but still...
Replies
Views
Leo Oscar
L
N
I have a chandelier that has same identical wires in thickness diameter and color. By mistake I cut off the long wire to adjust to the desired...
Replies
Views
Nikita S
N
S
Can I power a 20 rated amp motor with a 22 amp battery? Will it cause problems since the battery is 2 amps more? Thank you.
Replies
Views
Swifty
S
D
I have two small spotlights in my fire surround that are currently being powered by a plug. I was just wondering if I could change this for a...
Replies
Views
David England
D
R
Trying to hang a ceiling fan but the box has a hook in it. What do I need to do?
Replies
Views
RobertT
R
J
Hi. I’m having a new fitted kitchen. The new wiring that has been chased in has not got any capping over it and cupboards have been fitted over...
Replies
Views
Jim stans
J
M
Can u out radio receiver and a light sensor inside an outdoor fuseboard
Replies
Views
Mr paul
M
J
I have a 1 gang socket in kitchen which I made it a 3G as not much room to swing a cat in my kitchen to use for my Fridgemaster MC55264D and Candy...
Replies
Views
John_Sn
J
N
Hi, I’ve moved into a property which has meter tails coming out of the meter to a switch that’s labelled ‘mains isolation switch’, which then goes...
Replies
Views
Nath_ngt
N
M
Hello Sir, Please give answer for it,Sir?
Replies
Views
Mohammed Soheb
M
Hi this may be a simple answer to my question but I have a 240VAC single phase motor that I want to power from an MCC that has spare 3 phase...
Replies
Views
L
Off grid system instalker installed without neutral earth link. Resulting in damage to boiler and washing machine. Blames me.
Replies
Views
Les850
L
A
Hi, I'm fitting an upgraded consumer unit and I've chosen to go with the larger 110amp rated 25mm2 SWA cable for my 100amp rated consumer unit in...
Replies
Views
Alexander-g
A
V
Have had an EV charger installed and have been requesting appropriate certification, but nothing rec’d. Contacted NICEIC who advise that the...
Replies
Views
Villa1985
V
P
My kitchen outlits keep piping when I turn my garbage disposal on
Replies
Views
Priscilla
P
S
My old thermostat has only 2 wires R and Y ; new thermostat has just 2 terminals NO and COM for heating system with no further instructions on how...
Replies
Views
Sparkle
S
D
I currently have a 10mm cable running to behind my cooker and having a new cooker and hob being installed, at the moment there is a single socket...
Replies
Views
Dishmonkey
D
N
Have (2) 14-2 lines and (2) 14-3 lines in the light fixture box. Each of the (2) 3-way switch boxes both have (1) 14-3 line coming into switch...
Replies
Views
Neil J
N
N
I live in Thailand which have 220-240 volt system. I asked electricians to switch some of the outlets to three prongs and add a grounding rod to...
Replies
Views
Natcha
N
G
I have the parts i would like to run it on mains power through a swich /fuse/foot pedal/motor just not sure were to start
Replies
Views
Graham A C
G
A
I have no current in my cable from my Wylex fusebox to my shower.
Replies
Views
Abu Aqilah
A
T
Hi can anyone help I have a AEI series 3 -100 100A looks like a big fuse, that is in a very inconvenient place by the front door is it our main...
Replies
Views
Tony B
T
O
Hello - I have purchased a house built in 1980 and am replacing all of the old electrical switches with new ones. In the kitchen there is (was) a...
Replies
Views
OliverB
O
E
If my water heather is connected to my electrical panel who is paying for the hot water
Replies
Views
Edwin Vazquez
E
K
I'm trying to decide whether to run power to my outbuildings (2 work shops and a greenhouse) directly from my home or have the power company run a...
Replies
Views
Karl Palmer
K
T
Does the current in a circuit depend upon the load or the voltage of the power source?For eg: A 12V battery connected to a 5W bulb.Does the...
Replies
Views
Tobinro
T
M
The aim is to run a security camera cctv system off a battery in a remote location to capture an animal birth for a Tv show. I have used a...
Replies
Views
Mark McD
M
S
New sauna requires 220amp 30 amp with 10/2 wire to double pole 30 amp breaker. Sauna diagram shows 2 hots and a ground. So I’m assuming two hots...
Replies
Views
Shawn T
S
M
Is it okay to turn my tv on when its disassembled and i got my led back lights exposed? I want to check if the led lights are working but i want...
Replies
Views
Mr sweet
M
B
Need to know if outside sockets will be okay with no drainage holes, done 3-4 without any.
Replies
Views
Bobby Moore
B
M
The cover to our small electrical box was lost while converting our small shed to a bunk house for a vacation rental. the size is 8 1/4" x 5 1/4"...
Replies
Views
Mel Barr
M
G
I have had a plasterer come and do some work, they took the ceiling rose down and disconnected all the cables and they don't know where they went...
Replies
Views
Gazq1979
G
S
heya , ive brought some over the unit lights thinking i just pluged them in , but theve arrived and theres no plug just 2 wires and the end of...
Replies
Views
sammmmmm
S
T
200 amp meter socket go into 200 amp no more than 6 circuits load center which ends into 200 amp indoor breaker box. But I put 125 amp 4/8 -ckt...
Replies
Views
Tony75
T
M
"The electric service entrance cables appeared to be in need of evaluation. The electrical grounding system wire for the hot water heater was not...
Replies
Views
Messer
M
K
I rent a property which has a small cupboard under the stairs. It measures H50cm x W50cm x D40 cm. Inside this cupboard is a bare light bulb...
Replies
Views
Kwabcdef
K
C
Connecting base knob with 3 wires black red and white to a phone jack cord wires red green yellow and black. What colors connect to what?
Replies
Views
Courtney
C
Post a New Thread / Question

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.