Questions and electrical advice in the Free Electrical Help - Free Electrical Help. Free Electrical Help Each section contains detailed information about an electrical wiring project, and links to the most popular questions about the topic. Are You Serious about electrics. Ask a Question: Ask an Electrical Question; All questions receive a reply within minutes. Questions & Answers: The Q&A area alone contains more than 3100 Home Electrical. Site Map: The site map of the content of this website. Extensive listing of electrical artifacts and so on..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

K
We have a light and shaver point combi above our bathroom mirror. Tonight i reached up to get my floss noticed its really warm at one end. Ive not...
Replies
Views
Kimberley
K
R
I need to permanently cut off power to the ceiling pendant above my son’s bed. It is a cabin bed and he can reach the light when he is in bed. I’d...
Replies
Views
Rowanne
R
B
Replies
Views
bruceGray
B
D
Can you put a 20/20 circuit breaker on a 15/20 circuit breakers spot
Replies
Views
Dray dray
D
M
Hi, I had a short-circuit on a cable and the outlet stopped working. I changed the outlet and I verified that the current was reaching the outlet...
Replies
Views
Mathieu
M
S
I have recently moved into a new home. None of the bathrooms have mirrors (!!) - I want to install mirror bathroom cabinets but all of the shaver...
Replies
Views
Shaver socket in the way
S
K
I have a toroidal transformer. There are 8 wires, yellow, orange, red, black, brown, purple, blue, and grey. The light fitting I'm trying to wire...
Replies
Views
Ken Cooper
K
K
I have a toroidal transformer. There are 8 wires, yellow, orange, red, black, brown, purple, blue, and grey. The light fitting I'm trying to wire...
Replies
Views
Ken Cooper
K
K
Hi thinking of adding more sockets off a ring main in two separate bedrooms will my first have to be a 13 amp fuse spare followed by 2 double...
Replies
Views
Keith Taylor
K
S
I've seen a weird thing in an aircon circuit Voltage between R-Y=380 volts Voltage between Y-B=380 volts Voltage between B-R=380 volts...
Replies
Views
Shahbaz Shaikh
S
C
Fuse Box - The circuit breaker labelled ‘RCCB Protected Circuits’ is switched to ‘off’. When switched to ‘on’ the water tank starts to turn on but...
Replies
Views
Christopher Simpson
C
J
I had a question about using type se style r 6 gauge wire for an external 14-50 outlet for an electric car evse. Can I run this wire from my...
Replies
Views
Johnnyno5
J
J
Can i wire a 120v motor to replace a 208v fan
Replies
Views
John doe asking
J
L
10x double sockets 3x outdoor lighting by the bbq 10x downlights in gym 50amp pool supply 16 meter run to gym from main cut out 9meter run to...
Replies
Views
Luke Henry
L
J
Why would neutrals and grounds be separated in a main panel? This is a new build with GFCI breakers for the range and dryer; does that have...
Replies
Views
Jeremy Rehling
J
R
Turned on my stove then immediately lost power through entire apartment
Replies
Views
Redd Amersham
R
A
Electricity theft Voltage issues Two yellow wires to one green wire means
Replies
Views
Abcdefg
A
A
I got the Shark AZ2002 with 120v, 60hz 1400w 11.8a amps and live in Australia so I need a step down power converter but I can't find one that...
Replies
Views
Alex69
A
N
Good afternoon I do not know much about electrics hence I am hoping for some advice I have recently had a new consumer unit fitted in my flat...
Replies
Views
Norman Y
N
R
We woke up to 6 plugs in our living room not working. I checked the breaker but it was not tripped, All 6 plugs now have power in both black and...
Replies
Views
RichardinSpencerville
R
M
I'm pretty new at this and trying to learn as things come up.I hope I'm using the correct terminology! We have a two gang light switch in the...
Replies
Views
markpa180
M
B
Water got into our electrical wires from stove to the electrical box. What is the average cost to install new wires?
Replies
Views
Brenton A
B
J
I'm about to build an exterior building. On the exterior of my home and dowstream of the meter box is a main control box. Can I mount a 40 amp...
Replies
Views
Joseph Walters
J
D
Every time I run my coffee pot, dryer or microwave the lights in the bathrooms and bedrooms flicker. I moved the coffee pot to several different...
Replies
Views
Darrel
D
Post a New Thread / Question