Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 0.00ohms,looptest at board. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mazo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi,folks
can anyone tell me why i get a loop value of 0.00 ohms at the supply to a sub dist board (incommer)but when i loop test at the sockets off the board i get what's expected 0.34 and so on.
appreciate your knowlege guy's
thanks
mazo.:)

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
hi,folks
can anyone tell me why i get a loop value of 0.00 ohms at the supply to a sub dist board (incommer)but when i loop test at the sockets off the board i get what's expected 0.34 and so on.
appreciate your knowlege guy's
thanks
mazo.:)
Maybe a very good earth?Maybe very close to supply transformer?
Any other ideas?

M

mazo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks mrloy99
the board is connected to a rising busbar,fed in about,150mm swa,but i thought i should still get the value of ZE +R1ANDR2 of the supply cable.of at least 0.01
mazo

G

Guest123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey.

Big chunks of copper in them there bus risers and fat armoured too, a Zs's dream.:D:D

Had something similar once, it turned out the meter was faulty. I never found out why sometimes it seemed OK and other times read 0.00?? Didn't like the low readings.
The meter got worse and then read 0.00 for every test, cost £70 to fix + calibration extra, they never told me what they fixed, I guess they just changed a circuit board. Like most equipment nowadays, there are no user serviceable parts.
Hope this helps.

Had8Lives

-
Arms
I've seen a Zs reading of 0.00 ohms at the incomer of a sub board before. The bonding to the steel framework of the building which had footings buried deep in the ground was the reason. Not a problem, just it leads to high Prospective Fault Currents. Such is life!

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to 0.00ohms,looptest at board. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom