Discuss 05731s digital timeswitch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

babyshanks

Hi guys,

So I have an MK 05731s digital time switch that needs to activate a contacter. Everything is wired up but I can't get the timeswitch to work. I have the line and neutral feeding the switch, then out to the contacter. The switch is on and is displaying a closed switch icon, but none of the outgoing terminals are live.

I thought it was the time switch playing up so I got another one but it is doing the same thing. Anyone have any experience with these timeclocks? Really need to get this job done ASAP!

Thanks

it might be that the timer doesn't like the inductive load. try a mechanical timer.

The one I had before was mechanical, that has since been blown up due to my experimentation lol. Is there something that I need to link out? Or should I simply be supply in, load out?

should be staightforward. might need a link Nin -Nout.

If the time switch is operating on the display but the terminals are not live then you have a wiring error.
Time clock:
Perm Line in to L and 2
Neutral to N
Switched line to 1(NO) or 3(NC)

Contactor
Permanent line to 1
Switched line to A1
neutral to A2 and load N
Contactor switched line to load L

The timeswitch has the display because it is powered by a battery.

I have the supply line and neutral coming into the timeswitch. If the timeswitch is closed, then I should be getting 230v at one of the outgoing terminals, which I am not. This has happened on two different timeswitches from two seperate wholesalers, which makes me think I am doing something wrong.

I have tried linking the incoming and outgoing neutral, which tripped the breaker when I switched it on? Any suggestions?

Yeah cheers tony, that came with the switch, tried wiring it to both the drawings and it still isn't working. Think I'm going to have to go get another one, nothing I'm doing seems to be working.

If you think the switch is faulty then whilst it is running on the battery and on the bench test the continuity between 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3 and see if the switch is functioning.
Set the switch to the opposite pole and check the continuity again. If you had continuity 1 to 2 last time you should now have 2 to 3 or vice versa.

Once you know if the switch is functioning then you can proceed with appropriate connections to the power supply.

I have tried linking the incoming and outgoing neutral, which tripped the breaker when I switched it on? Any suggestions?​

If the breaker is tripping this sounds like you are linking a line and neutral not two neutrals, all the neutrals should be connected anyway so linking them is what should be in place.
If you have an incoming and an outgoing neutral then these are wired in the wrong place; there should only be one neutral connection point.
From where are they incoming and outgoing?

Reply to 05731s digital timeswitch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock