Discuss 1 day re-wire.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hager do a very nice kitchen grid switch in stainless steel, and it comes with a complimentary matching saucepan. Glass lid, induction hob safe, because its delicate its packed with no end of plastic and cardboard and its a right job to get out of the box. Time served electricians know this, so next time your foreman enquires "Where have you been", tell him you've been "knocking your pan out". He'll know what you mean.

Just don’t tell him that you’ve ‘been knocking one out’

I think home rewire epitomise the term house bashing. To me he comes across as a cut throat business man rather than a spark, especially so if the liquidation facts are correct.
Wouldn't want him anywhere near my house, and most of my customers would faint if I did that to their houses!

only time I’ve heard the term ‘knocking your pan out’ = pure graft

I guess he is doing nothing different than the big double glazing firms who send 4 guys round to change all your windows in one day.

It’s all about speed speed speed and onto the next job.

Shocking if you ask me! Race to the bottom, playing into cheapskate landlords hands that is. I would rather re train as a lavatory assistant than work for them. If you dont value your time, and speed is the most important aspect of your work and you enjoy smashing peoples houses to bits and covering there beloved belongings in dust then this is the route for you. 1/10!

The best job of the lot is the muck spreader who follows the bashers round , chuck a bit of bonding in huge chases every day is nice little job

Didn’t they go into liquidation as it was JRC property solutions before?
I remember him. He was on here for a while mainly talking about 1 day rewires. He sounded like a decent chap then and also in the video clip.
He works hard and does an acceptable job.

You can see from some of their vids, that some cable routes take the easier routes across walls (& some out of zones), rather than the slightly more time consuming concept, of taking up floorboards etc.

As said before, even with several sparks, doing a rewire in one day (in some if not most typical domestic property), is a big ask. Some corners will need cutting IMO.

Besides the electrical work, with the amount of plastering involved, how can browning and finish be applied correctly....in a couple of hours?
There seem some decent size patching involved.

Besides the electrical work, with the amount of plastering involved, how can browning and finish be applied correctly....in a couple of hours?

Think thats the least problematic :)

Use old browning or bonding. It goes off quick time.
For crappy bits of patching like this, ideal.

Well that was a decent read….

Fascinating listen back to all the critics with no clue…

The electrical industry is full of negativity and criticism, usually from the same folk who complain there is “no money in the trade”.

I’ve experienced it from day one in business.

Usually from the same few folk who complain improvers are taking their jobs, or painters make more money.

Time to look inwards.

Things are going well now for HomeRewire, we do around 8-12 private rewires most weeks, and have several teams….

Yes I lost a business aged 29 with 40 staff, mostly down to late payers and being too young.

It was probably the best thing to happen to me in all honesty, and the making of where we are today…

Thanks for your hearsay and gossip, it gave me a good laugh today.

Happy Sparking ?

Jamie - HomeRewire

ps. Admin we have already asked POLITELY for this post to be removed as it’s mostly factually incorrect and damaging to my business…

You responded by banning me from the page?

Let me know how you want to do this please

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, by posting on a 2 year old thread, you’ve just brought it back to the top for everyone to read the “hearsay and gossip”

I thought the comments were 70/30 on the positive side.

I'm starting a new business next week...The half day rewire

But in all seriousness to smash out a full rewire in a day takes some going and alot of hard grunt work

If you can make a decent crust doing this kind of work then best of luck to you

Reply to 1 day re-wire.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock