Discuss 1 house getting knocked down middle and made into 2 house's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hutch6447

Hi all this house is 2 house's with an extension part in the middle to join the house's and make it one, now the middle part is being knocked down and made back into 2 house's now in both house's there are plug sockets on the ring that are on a wall that is coming down, the owner wants as little making good as possible so the question is want to do with the incoming and outgoing ends of the ring. Cant access from above as its tiled and apparently they don't want me to make to many holes in ceilings that are not being disturbed but having seen some off the runs it would be impossible to pull through as cables are ran through joists but not in straight lines. Has anyone have any idea's its a difficult one with all this joint boxes have to be accessible?

Is there C.U in both houses now with 2 incomers?

Or is everthing supplied from one C.U and incoming supply?

You have to do what you have to do, they have to patch up after you've done it.

You're going to have to use the force mate. For crying out loud it's a partial demolition and they're worrying about making good?
May as well do as Thomas said and get Harry Potter in

Yes it has 2 separate consumer units supplying each house individually, what they have said is walls and ceiling not involved in the demolition can be left alone and not disturbed. This heat shrinking would that be ok to heat shrink crimps on join the ring main and put up top on ceiling, only other solution I have is put in joint boxes and have them in a box that is accessible

Just don't by accident join the two different house circuits together.

Lets hope they are on the same phase for future sake, never know in the next generation of electricians what may happen, my neighbour is on a different one to me, but the same to the one next to them.

no fully tested both houses and evreything separate I know being a spark for 14 years in army we are used to just get it working but sure that both houses are separate mate, getting a bit fed up with this accessible junction box though so any joins need to be on the wall were you can access them boxxxcks no houses I go into have junction boxes immediately accessible what about all the extractor fans, outdoor lights on PIRS and the other numerous uses for junction boxes were are they all then?

I think you need to order a bunch of Ashley J803's and J804's plus a big box of aspirin. Anyone who thinks they can do this "with minimal" making good is mad - in fact do you want this business??

Many unanswered questions - me thinks you need to agree a scope of works AND agree in writing that additional work will be charged for.

Have fun.

Reply to 1 house getting knocked down middle and made into 2 house's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock