Discuss 10.8V impact/ drill driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andekoch

Looking at getting a small, probably 10.8v drill driver to leave in the tool bag to reduce repetitive strain injury. I find I hint use the 18v as much since it is that bit heavier and bulkier.
Is it worth getting an impact driver? Or just a drill driver?
I assume that the smaller 4-6v models don't have the staying power.
Was looking at a erbhauer from sfix for 83 (impact and driver set).
Thanks

Panasonic gear is getting more & more recognition these days.

I'll be looking at them when I next need a bit of kit.

I second that about the panasonic.
I tried out one of the new cordless sds drills and the impact driver I must say they were the nuts.

the bosch 10.8v gear is great, I tried a joiners Dewalt 10.8 the other day, slightly bulkier then the Bosch, but great balance and excellent ergonomics. I've got most of the Bosch stuff, never ever let me down, apart from one battery which gave up after 3 years.

i have a hitchi 14.4v impact driver bit bulky but it has a hook to keep on your belt/trousers, ive had it years its been dropped kicked you name it and has never let me down. I got it because my bad wrists from sports when i was younger and my wrists are much better now so id definately go with the impact driver, I use mine for metal munching i have a 1/2" adaptor to fit my sockets on i take a spanner aswell for peace of mind but it depends what work you mainly do

shelled out on the 36v bosch compact cos of tennis elbow in both arms, well pleased, got a full size 36v gbh if anyones interested, charger 1x2A batt and case, want ÂŁ180 for it.

I have a set of the Bosch 10.8V kit and use it all the time on indoor domestic stuff, does me for that, drill & impy small enough to fit into a big pocket on the Snickers trousers when you are up a ladder, saves a tool belt or stuff like that.
I find the torch excellent and the multicutter is also fine, however, please remember, I am NOT house bashing all day every day like some of you.

Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)

Reply to 10.8V impact/ drill driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net