Discuss 10 amp inline connectors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a range cooker with 1 oven that is electric and runs on a 13amp plug instead of the usual hard wired cooker connection. The original instructions (now mislaid) said that it should be plugged into a 13amp outlet, not an extension. I cannot move the cooker to see the plate to verify the power consumption.The lead is 12 inches short of the 13amp outlet so I want to extend the lead using an inline connector. I can only find 10amp 3 pin inline connectors. Is this the max that is made and would this be safe to use with an appliance with a 13 amp plug.

Rating plate could be just inside oven door. Alternatively, google the model number and download a copy of manual

I would imadgine the advice about not using an extention lead is because there are a lot of them about that arent suitable for 13A. Either because they are on a reel, or a 4way could end up becoming overloaded, or some are just badly made with cheap materials.

As mentioned already, if you use a piece of 1.5mm flex, properly terminated in to decent connectors (duraplug or permaplug should be suitable), you wont have any issues.

Alternatively, can the socket be moved closer?

I would replace the entire flex with one of the correct length, rather than joining the existing one. Using a flex type that matches the existing one of course.
beat me 2it. replace whole lead.

Reply to 10 amp inline connectors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock