Discuss 100mm Mixed flow extract fan ducting prob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Stocksie

I've fitted this into my new place an old bungalow and it's extracting from the bathroom.

It performs great but the ducting gets full of water, I mean Like loads ! I rwalised when the fan started to make a funny noise.

DO I need a fall on the ducting like you do on a waste pipe ?

I'm guessing I do but I'd never have thought so.

The ducting run is about 8m through the gable wall, there are no soffits on the house for it to vent from as this would be a much shorter wall. The fascia board is hard onto the brick work.

Any experiance of this from you's ?

yes, the water is condensation from the warm air hitting the cold ducting in the roof, a slope on the ducting will help, along with replacing the standard ducting with the ducting that comes with insulation all around it, hope this helps.

A fall might help. Alternatively a condensate trap and drain fitted within the duct run. If it's running through the loft space, chuck some insulation over the ductwork to help keep the condensation down.

[edit] as already stated above! Must learn to type quicker.....

i use 4 inch soil pipe with a short length of flexable stuffed up the end and a run towards the outside

Reply to 100mm Mixed flow extract fan ducting prob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock