Discuss 104 design project help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I am doing the 104 design project and I'm a bit stuck on the best way to wire the lights in the pool area as the walls and floor are concrete. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Aiden,

It's likely to have been designed by C&G to make you think about the installation thoroughly. You've noticed that the floors and walls are concrete which will probably steer you to a surface mounted installation. You now need to consider External Influences and what type of containment or cables are suitable, plus Part 7 (Special Installations or Locations).

Hopefully this helps.

Hi Aiden,

It's likely to have been designed by C&G to make you think about the installation thoroughly. You've noticed that the floors and walls are concrete which will probably steer you to a surface mounted installation. You now need to consider External Influences and what type of containment or cables are suitable, plus Part 7 (Special Installations or Locations).

Hopefully this helps.
Thank you, I was thinking of doing it in metal trunking and then having metal conduit going to each light fixing however, I have decided to put lights in the actual pool and was wondering how I would go about wiring this in?

Thank you, I was thinking of doing it in metal trunking and then having metal conduit going to each light fixing however, I have decided to put lights in the actual pool and was wondering how I would go about wiring this in?
You'll need to consider whether metal trunking is suitable for the damp/corrosive environment.

The conduits for the lights in the pool could be cast into the concrete.

The lightings that are lighting the pool can be installed outside the pool with glass built into the sides of the pool and lights technically outside of the water for easy maintenance. The lights above the pool will be suspended from tray and/or conduit, this and ip65 ratings for the lights near the water.

I think when I did this in 2018 lights a certain height above the water didn't need the ip65 rating, but check your regs book in case I'm remembering wrong...

Why are you putting lights on the pool? This project can be as easy or as hard as you make it, install lights onto PVC conduit wired in PVC singles with pair's to control them- simples

Reply to 104 design project help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net