SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 10A breaker tripping problem in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just connected 16 x gu10 50 watt lamps to a 10a breaker, wired in 1.5 T + E, havnt had time to look at the problem yet, but it trips out after a few minutes., whats the possiblities of why its tripping out, and taking so long to trip out. cheers

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
C

Cirrus

It hasn't exceeded the rating of the breaker Luke as you are only at about 3 Amp at the most. I would look to something else such as a fault with the terminations maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if there was a short circuit fault, at 3-4amps, would it trip a CB straight away, or would it take a while to trip

C

Cirrus

it should trip right away I think but maybe a neutral to earth fault that is causing the problem when something moves under the boards.

U

Unregistered

Guys,

If its a 10A BS EN 60898 MCB Type B then it has an instanteneous trip current of 3 to 5 times In (nominal value). Type C is 5 to 10 times In

So a 10A takes between 30-50 amps to trip straight away

A quick check of fig 3.4 (bullrush chart for 60898's) in the 17th edition tells me that at 15A a 10A breaker would take 10,000 seconds to blow, any less current and it would sit there happily forever

at a trip time of 5 minutes you've got about 18 amps flowing

Now isnt that the kind of simple, informative and accurate answer that you guys miss........

Jesus, this place is like a morgue........

regards

the ghost of a departed friend.....................

G

Grae79

ahhhh....Casper the friendly ghost has returneth.....so why'd u get booted Casper?

D

deano

Hi LSCOTTY

Take a current reading just to check, its most likely a faulty CB try another 10A CB.

Regards Deano

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to 10A breaker tripping problem in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom