Discuss 10mm cable sleeve and doh in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get earth, and blue sleeve to go over 10mm insulated cable or even the size I need I have shrinky stuff but jeez it aint aint easy not melting stuff, yeah I know should have done it before I stuffed it into the cu but I have done 3 sub boards at one end before the penny dropped
P

Most wholesalers do heat shrink sleeving and a hair drier will do the trick, course if you are hairless you are in deep do do

Why not use L or N tape or brown, blue or gy stripey?
I know with some cheap insulating tape the glue goes all gooey when subject to a bit of heat as may be encountered in a dist board but the scotch 35 grade stuff won't

SWA do reels of Brown Blue and green and Yellow. I know they do 6mm, 4 and 3 so it might be worth checking whether they do 10. Ten or 20 metres on the reel. Useful when you dont need 100 metres

Is this for a swa multicore?
A good quality insulation tape would do if you don't want to use shrink on!
Of course you don't have to shrink it on, as long as the conductor is covered it will indicate the phase or neutral colour you require.

I tend to get the packs from CEF. I think it's SWA stuff. Otherwise Cablecraft (.co.uk) do all the different sleeving you could ever want and they do normal sized CPC sleeving on a roll so you dont have to carry a birds nest around with you!

You would presumably need 8mm sleeving to go over 10mm² insulated cable as the sleeving is measured in diameter and the cable in area. The 10mm² would have a 3.6mm diameter core and about 2mm total thickness of insulation, so 6mm sleeving would be tight to fit. There would be nothing stopping you from using heat shrink that starts at 8mm diameter and not shrinking it.

Reply to 10mm cable sleeve and doh in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock