Discuss 110v tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoppy

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

looking to buy some 110v tools, thinking they are better than battery powered tools.

In particular want a jigsaw and a 2kg rotary hammer drill, can anyone recommend any, been looking at mikita as they always seem to get good reviews?

Thanks guys

Craig

I’d second Bosch.

All my 110v tools are bosch (except the odd impulse buy Hilti!), good quality and touch wood, I haven’t had any problems with them whatsoever! More stores seem to stock Bosch too, from Jewson’s (who have the odd special offer now and then), and Screwfix (who I sometimes use).

The ‘BOSCH GBH 2-26DRE 2kg 110V SDS Plus Drill’ from Screwfix is what I use (£160 inc VAT).:D

Hi guys found The ‘BOSCH GBH 2-26DRE 2kg 110V SDS Plus Drill’ for 120 quid on buyatool.co.uk, everywhere else it seems to be 150 ish, anyone bought from these b4, seems a little to go to be true

Craig

You say that but recently they had an 18v Makita combi drill with 1x 3ah LIon battery for £150, with an offer on so you could get it with 2x 3ah batteries for £220, which seems pretty good to me.
A guy at work bought one and brought it in as a kind of 'show and tell'; it's really light and comes in a nice box.

Last edited by a moderator:
ffs for some reason can't post that link or delete this post, but it's on the screwfix website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screwfix have written a bit of code into their website that stops copying links/images etc.

Search for 84044 at *************

Last edited:
Oh very clever. Don't how they managed that but I can't even put a link to the website now.

Just seeing stars now, and not for the first time this weekend!

the 24v hiatachie Battery SDS looks good BUT dont expect it to goon for ever Firm i was with and the floor layer both had one and both suffered from short battery life and seemed very"Soft" when it came to repetative use my old Dewalt skooshed them every time

now, my old hitachi beats the dewalt hands down, faster spin, better battery life, quicker by far in concrete.only thing it won't do is chisel. the dewalt does but it's pants. use makita 110v for chiselling. £20 from car boot. bargain.

now, my old hitachi beats the dewalt hands down, faster spin, better battery life, quicker by far in concrete.only thing it won't do is chisel. the dewalt does but it's pants. use makita 110v for chiselling. £20 from car boot. bargain.

I wondered where the last three robbery's from my lads vans would end up..:mad:

Reply to 110v tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net