Discuss 110v transformers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

morph

again would sincerely appreciate a bitof help

have a client who wants a mix of stuff doing all in small numbers not really my normal work but have splashed out on a seward 250 to accomadate him and having a few issues on a coulpe of things namely 110 v transformers

could some one please explain how i should test it , i would think its class 1 but i do not get a continuity reading , is it beacuse its isolated from the earth
really would appreaciate a step by step on the 110 transformer
thanks

If it is one of the yellow site transformers, they are fully insulated and class 2. The primary earth (3 pin plug site) is directly connected to the secondary centre pint.
You can test earth continuity from the three pin plug to the yellow outlet. You can also perform insulation test ( on 250v ) primary and secondary to each other. Apart from a thorough visual, that is it.

yes it is the yellow 110 v box type, on the transformer it has a sticker stating it must be earthed so i thought it to be class 1
how would i do a I/R test primary and secondary?
if i plug the 3 pin plug from the transformer in to tester i could I/R the primary ,
would i then plug a comando socket in to the transformer with an iec plug in to tester and then I/R the secondary?
thanks for your help

Reply to 110v transformers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 400v 2 phase to 110v CTE 10kvA transformer. It is going to supply 110v sockets in a workshop which will be used for general power tools...
Replies
Views
guest119
G
R
Hi I just installed a 5000va transformer 240 - 110 v and cant see what protection there is on secondary side for short circuit. now i take it...
Replies
Views
redface
R
Hi all, Ive been asked to supply a 110V distribution board containing 1 x 40A and 2 x 32A DP circuit breakers. The company ordering the work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Ive been asked to supply a 110V distribution board containing 1 x 40A and 2 x 32A DP circuit breakers. The company ordering the work has...
Replies
Views
D
Hello everyone, so i'm trying to build a 12V to 240V power inverter with a 2 Transistors a tenter tapped step up Transformer and a Microcontroller...
Replies
Views
RobWansbeck
R

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock