Discuss 12 week fast-track vs usual course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

onslow23

Hi, first time poster looking for a bit of advice.

Im currently an electrical wholesaler who is fed up of seeing everyone on the other side of the trade counter looking happier than me (most of the time!)

I have been thinking of changing careers for a while but wages have always been the big factor, until now.

My local college offers a 12 week level 2 2330 course for £890, which is excellent apart from the fact that I wont be earning for 12 weeks.

I have seen the other courses on the net advertising weekend and evening courses but £2500 + is not even worth considering.

What I am trying to ask, after waffling on, is do you think the 12 week couse would outweigh the usual course of college 1 day a week over 2 years? I understand it is cramming for the 12 weeks but I have a job promised by a company when I qualify and can see my hourly rate go up quicker if I have level 2 in 12 weeks rather that 2 years.

Im really looking for a bit of advise because this is a complete career change and a change in my life.:confused:

Its not only the theory side but also the practical side is important, just because you will gain the certs in twelve weeks does not mean that you will be competent to go out and work alone etc with no practical on site experience.

Sounds good to get the theory done quicker but day release for apprentices is done purposely so experience is gained in the real world running alongside the theory.

Hi,
I am in a similar situation to you and I am debating doing my 2330 with OCLI at a cost of £6000! The course you mentioned at your local college for £870, where abouts are you based? because that would be preferable to forking out £6000!
Thanks Oisin

Reply to 12 week fast-track vs usual course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net