CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 120v bathroom light to 240v in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jarvis0808

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hanfg on lads im a lady, I have seen a bathroom light for sale on net from usa buts its 120v can it be converted to our uk 240v????????

R

randyrat

Yup....240/120 transformer should do it. Regs says only BS approved gear should be fitted though........your US fitting probably won't fall into this category.
Randyrat

J

jarvis0808

can a bathroom light from usa 120v be converted to a uk 240v????

M

montybaber

do you have a link to the light?

J

jarvis0808

how much arre these transformers?????/ and what reg thingys mean when i sell house i need to put a uk reg light in, so to say

errrr im only a nail technician , i will ask builder , what is it exactly, sorry to be thick

Last edited by a moderator:
R

randyrat

Not thick.....
the regs are here to prevent people being killed or electrocuted by poor installation methods and equipment. Everything electrical need to conform with the regs in order to be legal and more importantly SAFE.
Seek some proper advice from a qualified competent electrician...they should keep you straight....and alive......

Randyrat

W

WarrenG

how much arre these transformers?????/ and what reg thingys mean when i sell house i need to put a uk reg light in, so to say

errrr im only a nail technician , i will ask builder , what is it exactly, sorry to be thick
lol.........is this a windup? reg thingys.......lol :D

Reply to 120v bathroom light to 240v in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom