Discuss 120W LED Corn lamp replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have been asked to change Metal halide lamps for LED E40 Lamps in Floodlight fittings. The manufacturer recommends not to fit lamps above 60watt to enclosed fittings, due to overheating. Is there a fan or a way around this. These lights are used all over the garage warehouse & outside as well. All floodlights inside are obviously facing downwards, not a good idea. Thanks in advance for your replies.

The britesource ones have a small fan built into them on the larger wattages... These corn lamps will come nowhere ncornthe metal halide ones, and factor in your time to bypass or strip out the controll gear... Circular Led high bays are now much more cost effective, even cheap ones can be found with meanwell drivers and samsung leds

Genuinly mate, do not bother with corn lamps... Been there done it... Get new fittings led light rabbit i got my last ones from, cheap, chinese writing all over the box, but quality driver and chips and have so far been fitted a year fault free fre. Carbon8 lighting also do some and they offer a 5yr on site warranty but are dearer, all seem to exceed the specs of the jcc ones

Thanks guys, The customer has 2 corn lamps to try out first. I have passed on all your comments & recommendations. I am going to get Carbon8lighting to quote for supplying Discus 2 or ufo's as they are local & give a long warranty. We are talking around 30 lights or more.Thanks again.

I fitted some of the discuss 2 in a leisure centre, very happy with them and very smooth dimming, good construction, and superb even spread of light and fitted antiglare film, we opted for 4000k, guy called Trevor was also very helpful could not fault the service. they can also swap out the green rim for a black one.

used the cheaper ledlightrabbit ones since though and whilst the construction was pressed rather than cast, it still featured a quality driver and Samsung leds...

Reply to 120W LED Corn lamp replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net