Discuss 12v din rail timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just putting a load of CCTV camera up, and also several IR floodlights.

The floodlights, 12v, jus wondering if I can put them on a timer?

I have seen these 12v din rail timers on eBay for less than £10, I was thinking of getting a couple, feeding the timer with th 12v from the CCTV psu, then hoping its going to work how I want to switch on the IR floods at the right times.

Has anyone else used 12v timers at all? It's not something I've done before, I'm confident it will work.

I've just found someone selling them in the uk, din rail mountable too, might get a couple and play around with them, nice to put them in an enclosure, it would look tidy.

I suspected it was common practice, just wondered really. I'll get a couple ordered as they are only cheap, I'll stick them in a spare enclosure I have, no point in having them all on in the day as it won't make any difference, they don't use much power but it all adds up!

they used mA nothing to worry abaut, with din rail power supplies you get much better space for your money per Amp....you should be looking at getting your own metal boxes set up, and using them as your jobs require, will be more cost effective in the long run

Reply to 12v din rail timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a doorbell I want to install. The issue is the 16v transformer is designed to sit on a DIN rail. I have a 10 way 17th edition BG Nexus...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of setting up a diesel heater to warm our conservatory and need to provide 12v power to it. I have purchased a CCTV...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I purchased a Novopal 2000w/4000w(Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V. I purchased this so I can hook it up directly to...
Replies
Views
I was just googling for skeleton boards after reading the last thread and various pictures of consumer units popped up, some wired terribly and...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for opinions please so that I respond reasonably rather than as I would actually want to. Had a towel rail in bathroom. Replaced it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock