Discuss 12V LED Drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am gradually replacing filament & halogen bulbs with LED versions. Whilst some LED lamps work okay with standard 12V transformers, the transformers don't like low current devices, resulting in flickering. Since the idea is to save money and energy, I don't really want to outlay large sums of money on LED drivers and I don't want to be put off by the capital cost of fitting LEDs and drivers. There are loads of drivers available online for under ÂŁ2 inc postage, but I don't want the place to go up in smoke. Could someone please point me to a source of "approved" LED drivers with powers up to perhaps 6W?

Chuck ALL the 12v drivers in the bin, buy GU10 lamp holders and GU10 LED lamps....

:iagree:
A separate driver is just another thing to go wrong.
Stick with a branded bulb such as Sylvania, Phillips or GE and you should be OK - steer clear of the cheap oriental rubbish of ebay.

Reply to 12V LED Drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I've used this forum for advice many times but this is my first time posting so I hope that this community can help! We're...
Replies
Views
I have an old IKEA Norrsken 12v suspended ceiling tension wire system, which runs x7 20w MR16 bulbs, from a Min 4x20w/Max 10x20w transformer. Can...
Replies
Views
Hi Forum people. First time post here. I have a pair of semi flush fittings that are currently 10 Halogen capsules per fitting. I want to...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock