Discuss 12v socket ,leisure battery in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dwiz

-
Reaction score
Hi, have a campervan (Toyota Lucida) set up with a leisure battery. It has a smart battery protector that runs to the front 12v socket, a second one in the back that has a switch aswell that runs a small fridge and the head unit is also powered through it. Problem is the 2 sockets aren't working properly. The back one won't work at all, the front one will work with the fridge but won't run a little usb double plug, and the head unit runs fine. The usb definitely works have tried it in a different car. Can't figure out why the front would work with one thing but not another, any help is appreciated
Dan

I find there can be some variation on the builds of 12v outlets in cars and sometimes Espically with cheaper ones it can be hit or miss on how well they contact. Those 12v outlet are bit naff to begin with as they where never really designed for power distribution personally I would replace them with something more up to the job such as an Anderson powerpole with suitable fusing.

Cheers for the reply, Was working till about a couple of months ago, thought originally it was just a fuse but all seem to be intact. Any idea why it would work with the fridge but not anything else?

Cheers for the reply, Was working till about a couple of months ago, thought originally it was just a fuse but all seem to be intact. Any idea why it would work with the fridge but not anything else?
Compare the plugs, next to each other, maybe the plug isn't making contact in that socket.

Reply to 12v socket ,leisure battery in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net