Discuss 1362 Zs in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

easyfox, hi .
see the problem ,the tables only give 3 and 13 amp values .
you can either do the maths and work it out or work on the worst case scenerio

i bow to superior knowledge:cool:

what are you using a 5A 1362 on Easy fox old chum?

aint seen one for years since they stopped putting them in appliances

Good day to you Shakey mate.

Well I went to a property Saturday morning to faultfind/repair a lighting circuit, (didnt take to much fault finding, the chap of the house had drilled the switch drop while putting up curtain pole, (so much for safe cable zones) :rolleyes: diyers you gotta love em.

Anyway I digress.......while there he asked if I could remove a non-functioning flood & price up to install 2x 150w flood + pir & use the supply off of the old & now full of water (had enough water inside to house a goldfish, & no cpc so a potential death trap anyway) 500watt flood light circuit.

And a big lesson here for those of you starting out DONT ASSUME BE SAFE & MAKE SURE IT IS ISOLATED!!!

I Isolated lighting circuits & retested at light switch but still had voltage at portch / lean to / downstairs toilet & water filled flood light jb..........Hmmm........ isolated other circuits one by one & last one did the trick, it was the old boiler supply & I traced it to a fcu tucked away behind the downstairs toilet.
(own up how many would have just thought yep lights isolated crack on with out testing for isolation.......ouch)

So one fcu containing one 5amp 1362 is running a sub lighting circuit & it got me thinking while I was doing the quote what is the max allowable Zs of a 5amp 1362 because it's not listed in the good book.

Thats all mate.

Reply to 1362 Zs in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net