Discuss 1500 Miles on a bike? - John O’Groats to Lands End in aid of Help for Heroes in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
A lad named Danny who runs a competitor forum to our plastering forum is travelling from John O’Groats to Lands End and all donations go to Help for Heros. He's a good bloke and runs a busy forum (plasterersforum.com) and I thought it was well worth a mention.

Please read about the Journey here: John O'Groats To Lands End On A Bike And Around The UK In 21 Days

Follow on Facebook here: https://www.------------/1500milesuk

Follow on twitter here: https://twitter.com/1500milesuk

But more importantly, please donate anything you can here: Donate Now (you can change that "20" [pound] number to anything you wish, even £1 before hitting 'donate' - though clearly anything at all is welcome and the greater the figure, the better).

I've donated a tenner so far, and I'm seriously considering whether to match their total donations in the end, or perhaps donate £1,500. Not sure yet. Definitely going to donate more though. When I donated a tenner he hadn't set off. Though now I'm following him and seeing what he's going though, I can really feel for him. I couldn't cycle 15 meters without getting out of breath and 150 meters without needing to stop a couple of times, at least.

So far he's got just short of £430 (via the donation button - perhaps more offline) and I think that's a bit pathetic considering A) what this lad and his Mrs are going through, and B) what the charity is setup for.

Spare a couple of quid at least for me lads, please?

1500 Miles on a bike? - John O’Groats to Lands End in aid of Help for Heroes {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The route is here mate: The Route

I'm as geographically orientated as a magnet in the north pole, so I'll copy it for you (hopefully this copy's right). Not sure if any of this is via Northumberland.

You can just view his website too though mate and keep up to speed with it there. Loads of updates on it etc.

Day 1 - Leave John O’GroatsDay 2 - Travelling To Loch NessDay 3 - Travelling from Loch Ness to Cairngorms National ParkDay 4 - Travelling from Cairngorms National Park to PerthDay 5 - Travelling from Perth To Loch LomondDay 6 - Travelling from Loch Lomond to EdinburghDay 7 - Travelling from Edinburgh to Kielder ForestDay 8 - Travelling from Kielder Forest to Lake WindermereDay 9 - Travelling from Lake Windermere to the Yorkshire dalesDay 10 - Travelling from the Yorkshire dales to HarrogateDay 11 - Travelling from Harrogate to MacclesfieldDay 12 - Travelling from Macclesfield to SolihullDay 13 - Travelling from Solihull to the Brecon BeaconsDay 14 - Travelling from Brecon Beacons to Royal Wootton BassettDay 15 - Travelling from Royal Wootton Bassett to Weston-Super-MareDay 16 - Travelling from Weston-Super-Mare to ExeterDay 17 - Travelling from Exeter to PlymouthDay 18 - Travelling from Plymouth to TruroDay 19 - Travelling from Truro to Lands End

- - - Updated - - -

The route is here mate: http://www.1500miles.co.uk/the-route

I'm as geographically orientated as a magnet in the north pole, so I'll copy it for you (hopefully this copy's right). Not sure if any of this is via Northumberland.

You can just view his website too though mate and keep up to speed with it there. Loads of updates on it etc.

Day 1 - Leave John O’GroatsDay 2 - Travelling To Loch NessDay 3 - Travelling from Loch Ness to Cairngorms National ParkDay 4 - Travelling from Cairngorms National Park to PerthDay 5 - Travelling from Perth To Loch LomondDay 6 - Travelling from Loch Lomond to EdinburghDay 7 - Travelling from Edinburgh to Kielder ForestDay 8 - Travelling from Kielder Forest to Lake WindermereDay 9 - Travelling from Lake Windermere to the Yorkshire dalesDay 10 - Travelling from the Yorkshire dales to HarrogateDay 11 - Travelling from Harrogate to MacclesfieldDay 12 - Travelling from Macclesfield to SolihullDay 13 - Travelling from Solihull to the Brecon BeaconsDay 14 - Travelling from Brecon Beacons to Royal Wootton BassettDay 15 - Travelling from Royal Wootton Bassett to Weston-Super-MareDay 16 - Travelling from Weston-Super-Mare to ExeterDay 17 - Travelling from Exeter to PlymouthDay 18 - Travelling from Plymouth to TruroDay 19 - Travelling from Truro to Lands End

I did this wearing breathing apparatus about 8 years ago now, on a 4 hour rotation - I've always said to myself I will do it again as I want to ride the WHOLE distance myself, but minus the additional hassle of the equipment.

He'll get a donation from me.

Good luck to him.

I was fortunate enough to be in Padstow this weekend and had the pleasure of listening to a young lady stood in the middle of the street singing to raise cash for help for heroes. what a legend and takes some guts to do, (well with a singing voice like mine it would). great cause and I have many a friend and family member in the forces. all the best to him and all I can say on a long trip like that is I hope this dam english weather is on his side :)

Reply to 1500 Miles on a bike? - John O’Groats to Lands End in aid of Help for Heroes in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock