uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 16A or 20A on Radial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daver

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a quick one, all my books are in college.

Is it acceptable and up to current 17th to use 16A on a radial. Wired in 2.5 T&E, short run (8M) with 3 sockets.
I have used 20A in all other flats (6 of), but got to the last 2 flats and ran out of 20's, so my colleague put 16's in. I'm 99.9% certain it is 20's, but is there anything wrong with downgrading.

Just to settle my little dispute.

Cheers Guys

K

kung

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Id stick with 20 for radial and 32 for ring as sockets you cant be sure what they will supply.
Regards
Kung.

S

Spudnik

Agree with that^^

Also, why not just change the MCB's at the suppliers for the correct ones??

G

Guest123

All having a 16A MCB means is that the circuit will not be able to supply as much equipment as a 20A. Nowt wrong wi that but like the lads have said a 2.5mm radial will be more than happy on a 20A so I would swap them out also, gives the client a bit more scope.;)

D

daver

Thanks guys.

I knew I was right with the 20, but he is not wrong with 16 either under current regs.

He is a top guy at 74, no 17th edition but a fantastic mentor. I know what it will have been.

"Lunch break and a power nap, more important than going to supplier to change them"

Dave

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to 16A or 20A on Radial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom