Discuss 16kW system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

solgen

Hi,

Just wondered what your thoughts are with respect to this scenario...

Client owns a block of flats upon which a 16kW system can be mounted. As he is the landlord he wants all the energy generated to be fed to landlord phase only. What is the likelyhood that DNO will approve this and any ideas what cost implication would be?

It would of course be much simpler to supply across all three phases but there would be a small revenue loss!

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondered what your thoughts are with respect to this scenario...

Client owns a block of flats upon which a 16kW system can be mounted. As he is the landlord he wants all the energy generated to be fed to landlord phase only. What is the likelyhood that DNO will approve this and any ideas what cost implication would be?

It would of course be much simpler to supply across all three phases but there would be a small revenue loss!

Thanks

Oddly enough we received a tender asking us to install 6 kW to one phase of a three phase supply. I would have thought that the DNO would not accept 16 kW onto one phase when there is three phase supply on site.

You could speak to the DNO and see whether its even worth applying for a 16 kW system onto one phase of a three phase supply. As if you apply and they take 45 working days to respond with a no then in that time you could have installed a 10 kW to the three phase supply without permission.

Is there enough roof space for 16 kW per phase ie 48 kW? Would the client want to spend up to £50,000 for that sized system?

I doubt you'd get permission for that, why would the dno willingly give permission to unbalance the phases in that way when 3 phase was available?

what's he running off the landlord supply anyway? Unless he's got a laundry powered from it or something then he's not going to lose anything more than a few pence a year by installing onto the 3 phases anyway is he?

Not only that he could always install a 10 kw system and then add on 6kw a few weeks later :)

I thought 11kW was the max DNO would allow on a single phase. We have been allowed anything from 4-8kw on a single phase with our applications. Fortunately the 8kW was my house !!

I thought 11kW was the max DNO would allow on a single phase. We have been allowed anything from 4-8kw on a single phase with our applications. Fortunately the 8kW was my house !!

Most I've heard of is 15 kW. Thats the biggest that Western Power had allowed for single phase. But in theory up to 16-17 kW should be the absolute maximum.

Reply to 16kW system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock