Discuss 16mm metal back box.....6p each! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all..

Just wanted to let you know about a bargain!

I wouldn't usually buy from e-bay, but you cant really go wrong with a metal back box. 100 Flush Single Metal Back Boxes 16mm 25mm 35mm 47mm 1 Gang Electrical Pattress - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Flush-Single-Metal-Back-Boxes-16mm-25mm-35mm-47mm-1-Gang-Electrical-Pattress/281062895771?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=580178846308&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I ordered 100 x 16mm metal back boxes for £5.99. They have just arrived and they even have the oval grommet fitted to each of them.

I realise we don't use them that much but I expect I'll still get through them before I retire :).

6p each... surely no one can beat that!

The only bit I would be concerned about is the quality of the fixing lugs and the CPC connection. Don't go in heavy handed an I'm sure they will be fine.

You're right though. Often amazes me how little a product must cost to produce, advertise, deliver etc etc and still make a profit on 6 pence an item.

These companies work on massive volume , probably only making 1p profit per unit

But if you are selling 100,000 units per day it soon adds up

I thought perhaps it was a mistake as the price jumps up when they go to a 25mm box, so it's just the 16mm that are cheap.

Good for us though! :)

I purchased a load of MI saddles and P clips recently where it was clear there was a mistake with the pricing, saved a fortune. The price went up after the order was delivered...

Well they same seller has a listing for 3 off 16mm boxes for £3.99. My guess is it should be something like £50.99 for 100 off.

Just out of interest did anyone get some?
I reckon SJD was right, they should have been £50.99 as they've taken them off now!

Reply to 16mm metal back box.....6p each! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock