Discuss 16th ed sparky to 17th in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

ayjay

hi all, ive still got the old 16th edition jib card,( ive been out of the game for 2 years) can any of you learned fellas tell me how to obtain a 17th ed card? ive been looking on the jib website but ive drawn a blank so far thanks for any info

Send them a copy of your 2382 17th edition cert and get them to update your card I would guess, for a fee probably.
It will probably be the same form as a renewal I would guess.

thanks andy thats great looks like its £24-00, job done
i,m getting quite a few calls from agencys lately , maybye things are picking up

Looks like there is a backlog at the minute with applications being dealt with slower than usual.
They reckon this can be sped up by applying online, or by fast track service which involves booking an appointment and going to Kent to do it all in person.

With any application your health and safety has to be up to date as well of course.
See these links for more info.

ECS Card
ECS Card

just ring up jib, you need to do the h&s test to cost about 45 I think, but to do all this you are looking at getting your card in 3 months that how long I had to wait, but they were busy then

Have you got the NVQ lv3 and was it within the last 5 yrs if so then exempt from H&S test otherwise you will need to do the ECS H&S test

and fill in form for renewal include cheque and copies of certs i.e. your 2382-10 or 12 and jobs a good un
contact them direct if you need the H&S test they will direct you were it can be done

It took them less than a month to send mine back at xmas

Reply to 16th ed sparky to 17th in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock