Discuss 17 th edition 2383 -12 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do you not mean

2382-10 for the 17th from scratch and

2382-20 for update to 17th if you already have 16th.

There is not much difference in the test papers just an insrease in the possible questions to include the additions/alterations of amendment one. 17th is all about finding your way around the book quickly

17th update is now dead. you have to do the full course.

Alas, No 2382 exam papers exist since the 2382 exams are now all on line.
I believe that there are companies out there who will sell you practice 'on-line' exams, alternatively C&G publish a book called 'Exam Success' for the 2382, whether or not they have been updated for amendment 1 remains to be seen.

and ifd it's of any use. previous posts have stated that the questions follow through the BGB from start to apps. not when i took it last december. the questions jumped all over the place. and the osg was allowed in

Good question as Iam not sure what is meant here

Anyhow they don't asked you regs numbers just question about the regs themselves and givw you four answer to choose from so any previous paper should still make you find the answer from the book

I was looking for sample papers including the amendments myself this week - there's nothing! I'm taking the exam in exactly 12 hours time (so had better get off the net and go to sleep!)

I'll try to remember any tricky questions that come up.

I was looking for sample papers including the amendments myself this week - there's nothing! I'm taking the exam in exactly 12 hours time (so had better get off the net and go to sleep!)

I'll try to remember any tricky questions that come up.
so, how did you get on then?

so, how did you get on then?

OK here’s the debrief. I took the exam today at City College, Norwich.

It is a totally NEW exam, apparently never set before. It is called ‘C&G 2382-101 Understand [sic] the requirements of BS7671:2008 (2011) and its application to electrical installations’

I have no idea what happened to the 2382-12 expected. There seemed complete confusion at the exam centre about this. I do hope I haven’t taken the wrong exam.

2 hours, 60 questions. Multiple-choice, select one answer from four. No negative marking. Therefore if you don’t know, make a sensible guess, NEVER leave a question blank. The one failed candidate today made that fundamental mistake.

My results were:

Section 1 100%; S2 100%; S3 100%; S4 100%; S5 92.86%; S6 75%; S7 90%; S8 100%. An easy pass.

I make no secret of the fact that I am not a professional electrician: I am a hobbist with an interest in many things, and a DIY-er at my house for every trade. If I can pass this thing, having only seen the green book for the first time three weeks ago, any pro who deals with this stuff every day can p!ss it. It is absolutely nothing for anyone to worry about.

I don’t think it’s too arrogant to say that anybody who fails this test is genuinely unsuited to play about with mains electricity in a client’s house. Perhaps that’s not a nice thing to say, but that doesn’t make it not true.

Here’s the sort of things you need to know (or know where to look up):

Core colours in a flexible cord (!)
Spec for a firefighter’s switch (Like you can buy one than doesn’t comply?)
Look up details in a given chapter and section reference.
IP ratings for enclosures in various places
Permitted surface temperatures of equipment
Screening of arcing assemblies
What component/s you need to consider, given the PFC at an installation’s origin
Impulse withstands etc, including data from Table 44.3
Bath and shower zoning and distances
Derating factors for cables
Swimming pool and marina distances and IP ratings

There was absolutely no question which required even basic arithmetic. No question like what is the maximum Zs under a particular combinations of circumstances?, no volt drops to work out, no adiabatic equation, no need to refer to fuse time/current graphs.

I may have been ‘lucky’ with the questions, but this did seem a lot easier than the sample papers that are about on web.

Like I say, I hope this was the right exam!

Any thoughts anybody?

My advice to anybody concerned about this exam is to remember to read the questions! They all appeared well-written and unambiguous. Then look at the answers given. At least one, and often two, are completely daft or obviously dangerous, and so can be discounted. There are no ‘trick questions’: whoever wrote this paper wants you to pass.

Oh that must have been the Malaysian version. The ones they set in this country require Fast Fourier Transforms and Laplase transforms and a little circuit analysis thrown in for good measure.....:jester:

Reply to 17 th edition 2383 -12 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock