Discuss 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20 has anybody done it???? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

deano

Question 1 Hi everyone has anybody sat the 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20. Question 2 Was it easy or hard. Question 3 who did you do it with, Niceic, ect...(over one or two days) Question 4 can you remember any of the questions..........................

Hi deano, i'm sitting it in 4-5 weeks, i went the home study option and have paid to sit the exam for £80 at my local GOLA (Global Online Assessment) centre, i also bought a home study pack for £47 which has been very useful, i don't mind sitting it a couple of times 'if need be' to pass at that price......a lot cheaper option than spending between £300-£500 or so......just my opinion mate.
Regards,
MacSparky

What's name off course providers and how did you find it?:)
To be honest ian.settle1 there are several courses available, you would obviously need a copy of the latest regs, as much as it pains me to say the name Electacourse, its not a bad pack as its easy to use...BUT... when i purchased the pack it came with a free '2381' exam simulator with rotating questions.....nice i thought, as until then it would have been a bit strange to have the 2382 simulator out before the actual exams, then i get an email saying they have released the new 2382 simulator and its mine for 50% off the £35 ish price tag....perhaps im just getting stingy but wheres the 'look after your customers' feel that seems to be diminishing around us....i had already spent £47 and was about to order the 2392 course too but hhhhmmm.....i think not now. There are after all a lot of other companies out there offering similar packs and who knows...maybe they'll look after you....ahem!:rolleyes:

Who is spending 3-500 quid for the update!!!!

Pitch up at my training centre and its £165 plus vat, inc exam fees. The new regs is sitting in front of you when you turn up, and you walk away 8 hrs later (after passing the exam) with your update qual

Job done

and the 2392, dont see how you could do it as a home study, but you pays your money and takes you choice:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replys i might look at the home study pack. what do you all think of the EAL option rather than the C&G 2382..

the guy who can get it for £165 quid what part of the country do you live in?

Hi Tony....sorry i was referring to the 4 day courses available for the complete qualification, i will be starting from scratch with the Regs (wish it was an update Tony).
As regards to the 2392, i am fortunate enough to have a boss that tbh, has been more helpful and easier to understand than most of the teachers at the college, i perform many tests under his supervision and always discuss tolerances and faults etc...(a fellow-geek) lol ....well thats what my colleagues call me anyway...lol . Is there any advice that you could give me Tony ?
Regards
MacSparky

I tEACH

I teach the update course in Cardiff

I do the full 17th edition in 3 days at £495

MacSparky, Your boss maybe understanding, what i meant by dont see how you can do the 2392 as a home study, is there is a practical exam, its a test and inspect of a small installation.

Presume you are going to take this a at a centre somewhere?

I teach the EAL 17th edition as well, its exactly the same as the city and guilds!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i see what your saying Tony, yes i will book in to a test centre for the 2392 test but this is a few months away yet....one step at a time lol.

BTW...Since writing Post 5 in this thread, i have received an email from Electacourse offering me ( the first 200 people) the 2382 simulator for only £5, not sure if they picked up on my comments previously as you never know who all the members and viewers are in these forums but if someone did take note then i thank you.
Regards
MacSparky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Macsparky i emailed Electacourse and asked them if they are updating their home pack to the 2382 simulator, it seem pointless to add a 2381 simulator in a 2382 home study pack. their answer was they are going to in time but at the moment they want another £5. is it any good?

Hi deano, i havn't recieved the 2382 sim yet but if its like the 2381 then yes its a very good practice aid and the home study pack is well presented and easy to follow.....i would recommend it to any one who is going down the home-study path.
Regards,
MacSparky

To be honest ian.settle1 there are several courses available, you would obviously need a copy of the latest regs, as much as it pains me to say the name Electacourse, its not a bad pack as its easy to use...BUT... when i purchased the pack it came with a free '2381' exam simulator with rotating questions.....nice i thought, as until then it would have been a bit strange to have the 2382 simulator out before the actual exams, then i get an email saying they have released the new 2382 simulator and its mine for 50% off the £35 ish price tag....perhaps im just getting stingy but wheres the 'look after your customers' feel that seems to be diminishing around us....i had already spent £47 and was about to order the 2392 course too but hhhhmmm.....i think not now. There are after all a lot of other companies out there offering similar packs and who knows...maybe they'll look after you....ahem!:rolleyes:

I agree Dont buy the 2382 Home Study Course fron Electracourse
at £47 it is a load of rubbish its not worth £20.
It is a revamped 16th edition and has many mistakes and is not written newly for the 17th.
there are much better and` cheaper alternatives for less than £20 and their customer service sucks

Hi 'unregistered',
not sure why you didn't like the 2382 course from electacourse but I'll give you my experience.
I bought the course which also included the 2382 exam simulator for £47
I studied the course which was easy to follow. Anything based on the wiring regs can be boring, but I found the course to be quite enjoyable. I was getting around 90% on the simulator so I booked in for the exam. (cost £40) I passed the exam with 89% and had the highest score out of our group. There were 5 other electricians who had paid over 500 quid for a 4 day course and I beat them all and I'm a mechanical engineer! None of them had used or even heard of the exam simulator!
I'm now dfoing the PAT 2377 and am getting 90% on the 2377 simulator, so I'll soon have another valuabvle qualification for under 100 quid!
Home study is not for everyone, some people need the structure and motivation of a tutor, but in my case, I saved a lot of time and money and got the qualification I needed far easier than I ever thought possible. I'll keep you updated on the 2377.

:) I Did Mine Yesterday It Was 2 Days And Cost £250.00 Through The Nic And You Got A Free Breakfast:)

YES WAYNE I SUPPOSE IT WAS BUT I WILL JUST STICK IT ON THE NEXT REWIRE I DO,GOTTA GET IT BACK SOMEHOW,HA THE JOYS OF BEING SELF EMPLOYED:rolleyes:

Hi guys

I am looking to buy the Electacourse but I have no idea where to sit the exam.
I have enquire to Electacourse but all the colleges and companies they gave me are asking to do the full course at £500-£600.
Unfortunatly, I can't afford that now. can you help me?

I live in west London

Many thanks

If you know your stuff and just want to rock up and take the exam, which if your a sparks with experience you will pass so easily, then google "down under tradies". I done the exam today at Connaught in Bracknell, who are very good by the way, 98%. Simple.

Reply to 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20 has anybody done it???? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock