Discuss 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20 has anybody done it???? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys!!
I've found where to take my exam but still expensive Electrical courses CG 2382-10 - The IET

There is wage who took the exam for £40 last year. anybody has something similar.
I am looking for a full time job because i gave up the self employment (too much hassle) and if i get my 17th edition, many doors will open.

Many thanks

yes, i have just passed my online assessment after completing the eight weeks evening course at the college in Hull and
to be fair, i did not find it to difficult to pass the computerised online exam.

Question 1 Hi everyone has anybody sat the 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20. Question 2 Was it easy or hard. Question 3 who did you do it with, Niceic, ect...(over one or two days) Question 4 can you remember any of the questions..........................

Hi Mate just done mine with ppltraining.co.uk they are really good they have a 99% pass rate i was worried about the course before and i would not say it was easy but passed with flying colours so did the whole group the past papers they gave us to do really really helped. Good luck Damo

done mine bout a year ago in the 4 day course it was ok i found that meny of the older more experienced sparks found it harder. but u will b fine its very boring tho staring at the same book 6hours for 4 days hope it goes ok

Oh i see what your saying Tony, yes i will book in to a test centre for the 2392 test but this is a few months away yet....one step at a time lol.

BTW...Since writing Post 5 in this thread, i have received an email from Electacourse offering me ( the first 200 people) the 2382 simulator for only £5, not sure if they picked up on my comments previously as you never know who all the members and viewers are in these forums but if someone did take note then i thank you.
Regards
MacSparky

The IET publish exam sucess books for the update and full regs courses amongst others, theres a couple of mock exams and heaps of good advice, the IET if you dont know set the c&G exams with c&g,niceic eca etc so it is good info, cost 15.00

Exam Success: IEE Wiring Regulations 2382-10 - The IET

hi mate, i sat my 17th last year at my local college, it was for 5 weeks, 2 hours per week, its not hard, just label your regs book with post it notes and you will be fine

Tony where do you do this 2382/20 course? Ive been NICEIC for 10 years and left to go to a big company but the contracts ended and after speaking to my local inspector he,s saying i have to do the 17th... no problem but i was working to the 16th for ten years and hes suggesting 2382/10 !!!!! 400 -500 quid a day for me will sufffice and as i purchase the NICEIC 17th edition toolbox ( CD explaining All parts of 17th / regs / 17th Toolbox guide ) Any help

Hi i just done my 17th last Friday!!! cost me £285 for a three day course (over 3 Saturdays) but ended up only doing two as the guy taking the course could not make the final day lol:eek: out of the eight on the class four past That's including me just;) but i did hit the regs book for a good three weeks with a couple of hours here and there!!! which came in very handy as out of the the 300 + question i revised i only got one in the exam:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Does anyone know of a C @ G centre in or around Warwickshire that will allow you to just take the exam without attending the full course? Thanks for any help

Hi i did the 2382-10 only 2 weeks ago and frankly if you know how to read the regs you will have no problem at all. my exam was for 2 hours and if you have a good grasp of the regs to start off with then you have a fantastic start. you go through the book for the questions your unsure about but like i say if you know how to read the book then your literally there.

Can i assume the 2382-20 is the 17th ed update and 2382-10 is thfull 17th ed?

Darren

Ive answered my own question there i have googled it and its right....

Tips for the exam.... relax read the book! dont panic = pass

Cheers

Reply to 17th edition City & Guilds 2382-20 has anybody done it???? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock