Discuss 17th Edition - Max Disconnect Times in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martynp

Done my 17th but slightly confused following a conversation since course.

Guidance Notes 3 give you a combined table for 0.4 & 5 secs disconnect times, but regs still seperate the two.

Heard recently that we only have to bother with the 0.4 disconnect time for all circuits.

Any thoughts

Yep 0.4 is the way.
Unless
1, It's a distribution circuit rated above 32A on a TN supply then 5 sec diss con can be used
2, TT system 0.2 if no bonding to extren conductive parts
3, TT sytem 1 sec diss con for a distribution circuit & for circuit rated above 32a.

You need to take a look at 411.3.2 through 411.3.2.6

Reply to 17th Edition - Max Disconnect Times in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I work in the events industry which works under 7909. This assumes that someone qualified 7671 etc has tested the distor's and designed a system...
Replies
Views
Hi, and thank you to anyone who's taking the time to read my question. i'm struggling with the outcome of an adiabatic equation i'm doing and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here and was wondering if someone could help to get my college project calculations right. I'm about to start my 2nd year in...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question. This might sound like a stupid question so apologises. I'm slightly confused with the regs 18th edition when it comes to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock