Discuss 17th edition testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest123

Evening all.

Since the introduction of the 17th edition all the big test instrument manufacturers claim that their intruments are "fully compliant with new 17th edition regs".

I dont beleive this to be the case in particular, the multifunction testers because in the new regulations for inspection and testing and on the new edition of the niceic completion certificates it asks for verification of phase sequence and as far as i'm aware the only multifunction tester that has the ability to check phase sequencing is the fluke 1653.

Therefore aren't megger, kewtech metrel etc guilty of false advertising?

I may be wrong so I would value anyone elses opinion.

Cheers.

Evening all.

Since the introduction of the 17th edition all the big test instrument manufacturers claim that their intruments are "fully compliant with new 17th edition regs".

I dont beleive this to be the case in particular, the multifunction testers because in the new regulations for inspection and testing and on the new edition of the niceic completion certificates it asks for verification of phase sequence and as far as i'm aware the only multifunction tester that has the ability to check phase sequencing is the fluke 1653.

Cheers.

Lenny I think they all jump on the band wagon as soon as some changes are made. A bit like the 'Part P' tester you could buy now its the '17th Edition' tester.

Niceic verifications of phases is a new one on me be interested to see the cert form?

Warren

Although 612.12 requires this, its only applicable to multiphase circuits, so in most domestic environments its not not needed.

So, in other words, '17th edition' testers are fine.

If you plan on working on a lot of 3 phase then i would (if i already had testers) purchase a stand alone unit like this:

Phase testers from Socket and See - Next generation testing equipment

Don't forget, the NICEIC have their own take on what's required.

Their EIC also ask for type of wiring and installation methods which others (including BS7671) dont.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes mate. have a look at the specimens on the niceic website. they only show new versions of the green ones though.

I agree with you there Jason, but the point I'm making is that it is just another money grabbing scheme by large corporations claiming that their testers and their testers alone are the only ones compliant with the new regs when in actual fact they are no different to the old 16th edition ones and are not able to prove the afore mentioned phase seqencing.

I agree with you there Jason, but the point I'm making is that it is just another money grabbing scheme by large corporations claiming that their testers and their testers alone are the only ones compliant with the new regs when in actual fact they are no different to the old 16th edition ones and are not able to prove the afore mentioned phase seqencing.

Yes, i do see your point.

Was going slightly off topic there.

More vino anyone?:D

Evening all.

Cheers.
Metrel Eurotest AT - Phase sequence testing with voltage monitor between phases.
Can’t comment about the rest!

Evening all.

Cheers.

Lenny ive got a tester that is 17th edition and 3D, it also prints onto blue ray discs, lol, you dont even need 3D glasses. pure money is all they want in Full Technicolor!!!!

Reply to 17th edition testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock