Discuss 17th edition upgrade? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matt456

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

is there any truth in the rumour that because i passed my 16th edition more than 6 years ago that i cannot do a refresher 1 day course and obtain 17th edition status. instead i have to do the whole 4 day course!
cheers
matt

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
T

Technoferret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Matt
I am doing the update course at the end of the month and was told the requirements needed for the one day course, so below is a copy of what was said. Fortunately i only did the 16th 2 years ago.

PLEASE NOTE: Delegates will need to show that they hold a 16th edition City and Guilds 2381 qualification (June 2001 onwards) or an electrotechnical qualification such as 2356/2360/2330 (June 2004 onwards); In all cases, we will need to see either an original certificate or by a City and Guilds enrolment number

Hope this clarifies things for you.
Cheers
Craig

M

matt456

bugger did mine in june 98!
suppose i can do the test only then? if i can find a college that will do it. Cant afford to take time off to do it as a 4 day course or 12 night classes!

J

jaldred

As you say, you can always do the exam only, £25 quid i think. If you do want to do a 1 day refresher course there is nothing stopping you doing that either but you will need to sit the 60 question 2 hour exam instead of the 30 question 1 hour exam.
Lockwell training run these courses all over the country if you're struggling..... and no i'm not on commision.

T

Technoferret

I'm doing mine with lockwell on the 31st oct at the notts county ground.
they have a pretty impressive training portfolio.
craig

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to 17th edition upgrade? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom