Discuss 17th edition wiring regulations in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lightcliffe

I wish to train my self to gain the above qualification. What Is the difference between the first release and the amendment one. Do I need to buy the most up to date version for the future. thanks

you need the 2011 version, the green book.

thanks for your prompt replies, could someone list all the other books as well please. I say train myself, what I meant was get the books, do some homework and then book a short course. cheer.

not fishing mate, lots of electrical experience in the forces, just when you leave you realise how unprepared you are for the real world. lol

I wish to train my self to gain the above qualification. What Is the difference between the first release and the amendment one. Do I need to buy the most up to date version for the future. thanks

And exactly what are you're intentions, if and when you obtain this supplementary qualification??

Welcome to the world of getting absolutley buggered by the electrical industry. They love an ammendment as often as possible.

google this and it will take u to what u need, " electrical contractors association key factsheet " no sure how to post a link.

If you have any previous electrical experience/knowledge, are half intelligent and can read the index of a book you should have no problem passing the 17th edn exam!

Or am I just making it sound easier than it actually is?!?!?

to pass the course you dont need to remember a boat load of regulations, just how to find them. so familliarise urself as to where different sections are so u can quickly locate them.

Cheers Guys, my brothers an electrician but only had 16th spare, I have electronic/electrical btec relating to Radar, I wish to gain a few more courses under my belt and hopefully get into industry/food processing etc. Had a chat with a few employers who recommended going away and improving my CV. Loads of work here in West Yorkshire, probably struggling to get folk to come and live here. LOL.

You can pay for a PDF file.of the 17 edition and onsite guide. With reguards to the book buy the 1st amendments and when the next amendments come out just print them off and place in the book

You can pay for a PDF file.of the 17 edition and onsite guide. With reguards to the book buy the 1st amendments and when the next amendments come out just print them off and place in the book

Right i know i moan about the stupid price of these documents - however, having to cross reference with your yearly assessor from a print out isn't going to look very professional.

Yes, prices are ridiculous but we're all in the same boat - buy the hard copies i say.

Reply to 17th edition wiring regulations in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net