Discuss 17th edition in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

-
Reaction score
hi all i was just wondering if i have the 2330 level 2 & 3 does that mean i can take the 2382 upgrade or do i still have to go for the full 17th edition

Hello.

If you havn't got a 16th edition qual gained after 2001, then I'm afraid you will have to do the full 17th edition exam, not the upgrade.

Cheers.

Now I am really confused:confused: My practical tutor at college believes that since I am doing the C&G 2330 to the new 17th edition (I started last September.) I therefore once completed won't have to do a seperate 17th edition exam.

Could someone please clarify??

Last edited by a moderator:
C&G 2330 isnt any diff from any electrical qual they all work to BS7671 2008 17th ed but the BS7671 2008 is the wiring regs so unless as Lenny said you had the 16th ed since 2001 you still need to do the full G & G BS7671 2008 17th Ed.
Regards
Kung.

Now I am really confused:confused: My practical tutor at college believes that since I am doing the C&G 2330 to the new 17th edition (I started last September.) I therefore once completed won't have to do a seperate 17th edition exam.

Could someone please clarify??

Sorry mate but your tutor is wrong. You will 100% need to do the 17th course.

Cheers.

Thank you All for your help, The courses are a mine field of conflicting information. The way my tutor explained it is that since we are now working to the 17th edition on-site guide and Using BS7671 2008, the 17th edition is covered??

O.K. so he is wrong, and I can see that now, Soo...

One last thing, What course should I be asking to take at college, is it the 2382-10??

Thanks again in advance, you are all legends.:)

has any 1 got any pass exam papers for the 17 edition to practices on please
I have 4 past papers.Will need to scan them onto my computer and post them to wherever on the forum.Can i post the papers on the forum as there were problems before with the City & Guilds about posting papers.PS have the answers as well

I have 4 past papers.Will need to scan them onto my computer and post them to wherever on the forum.Can i post the papers on the forum as there were problems before with the City & Guilds about posting papers.PS have the answers as well

if allowed send them to me please thanks

Reply to 17th edition in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock