Discuss 17th Edition. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Ash6699

Hi guys,

Ive just recently finished my 2330 course ( which ive payed for myself ) . When ive asked my company into funding the 3 day 17th Edition course, i was told by my manager, whos an old time sparkie himself, that i didnt need to do it, as ive been trained to the 17th on the 2330?.

I know this may sound dim, but can someone actually clarify for me if i need it and what i will actually achieve, or get out of doing the 17th edition course. I need a decent enough explanation so i can pass it over to my manager.

Best regards,

Ash

Hi Ash,

Anyone who has just finished training will have been trained to the 17th edition requirements, as your boss rightly states. But, there is a difference between being trained to, and holding the qualification.

You dont actually need the 17th edition qualification, but you do have to work to the standards that it sets out. You will only need it if you decide to change employers, because unfortunately those who recruit have no idea, and as far as they are concerned, without it you are not an Electrician.

I can understand why your boss wont pay, but i would consider paying for and doing it yourself.

Cheers............Howard

Hi,

That is exactly what i was looking for, so thank you very much. My plan always way to go through it myself even if the company drag their heels anyway, as i want to be as up to date as possible.

Once again thanks for the decent explanation and hopefully itll all work out !

Ash

If you dont fancy paying for the 3 day course, you can book exam only at most college's and study at home yourself. Thats what I did, loads cheaper and there is plenty of revision material out there on the net.

afaik if you have completed 2330 level 3 you sit the 30 question exam not the 60 but i did my 17th on thursday 2382-12 and the training provider says you can only do the 60 question exam now due to the amendment.

afaik if you have completed 2330 level 3 you sit the 30 question exam not the 60 but i did my 17th on thursday 2382-12 and the training provider says you can only do the 60 question exam now due to the amendment.

True enough, there is only one exam now, 60 question 2 hours. Enjoy.....

60 questions, 2 hours, multiple choice, open book.
Part 1 - Number of questions: 4 (8%)
Part 2 - Number of questions: 2 (4%)
Part 3 - Number of questions: 8 (16%)
Part 4 - Number of questions: 13 (20%)
Part 5 - Number of questions: 15 (25%)
Part 6 - Number of questions: 8 (12%)
Part 7 - Number of questions: 7 (10%)
Appendices - Number of questions: 3 (5%)

You wi need the 2382 along with your NVQ Level 3 to be graded as Electrician by the JIB.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thats not quite right, if you have technical certificate level 3 and NVQ 3 then the JIB will grade you as electrician, you need 2382 and 2391 to get approved electrician grade. hope that helps

Thats not quite right, if you have technical certificate level 3 and NVQ 3 then the JIB will grade you as electrician, you need 2382 and 2391 to get approved electrician grade. hope that helps

correct, 17th not needed if you have the nvq 3 and 2330 lvl 3 to be graded.

Reply to 17th Edition. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock