Discuss 18th edition and bonding to gas and water in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi,

I have my 18th edition exam booked next week. I have just started to read up on the changes.
I am correct in stating that if the gas and water pipes have a plastic insulated section. At point of entry, then they do not require 10mm bonding??
Sorry if this is a stupid question....

Thanks

Then my question is - if bonding was there, but now not required by the regs and we were doing a rewire (say) would we remove it or leave it in place? I would be leaving it, but I'm not sure that's right (?).

Ok so Im driving myself crazy with this.

Gas Bonding Question.
The gas supply is fed up to the property (domestic PME ) underground in plastic pipe. It comes out of the ground in plastic to a meter box.

The feed into the property enters in copper.

Does the gas need bonding.

Picture to help

20191005_153015.jpg

No it doesn’t
What earth potential does a plastic pipe buried directly in the ground bring into the installation?
Only if plastic pipe is entering the building we only have the OPs word that it's plastic, Sorry misread the thread thought the OP said it entered in copper my bad apologies, Ian.

Sorry, for some reason the forum keeps automatically shortening the URL not sure how to post a url without it doing it ?
Wiring matters 76
Or
https://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/issues/76/

If either of these don't work google wiring matters issue 76 protective bonding habits.

Last edited:

Reply to 18th edition and bonding to gas and water in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net