Discuss 18th Edition Results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So I presume lots of people here have done the Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018.

I have logged into the City & Guild site to see my cert. All it tells me is that I have it.
My questions are:
Is it possible to have a PDF of the cert with your name on? (To give a copy to my company)
Is it possible to see my results of the test? Did I get 60% or 100%

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

FatAlan

-
Trainee
The exam centre that you used should be able to provide you with a printout that you passed and then a few weeks later you should get a certificate. My general impression of C&G HQ is that they are not particularly helpful. I could be wrong but this was also based on witnessing fellow students trying to get copies of certificates that had allegedly been lost in the post.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The exam centre that you used should be able to provide you with a printout that you passed and then a few weeks later you should get a certificate. My general impression of C&G HQ is that they are not particularly helpful. I could be wrong but this was also based on witnessing fellow students trying to get copies of certificates that had allegedly been lost in the post.
Ta mate . . .

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
So how do I find out how thick or brainy I was?
Or do you just not find out and they only give you a 'Pass'

FatAlan

-
Trainee
The exam centre will have access to the results. When I finished the exam one of the tutors was able to log on and tell you what my exact mark was. This was the case with the college I used and also a private training provider.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Then I came out of the exam I was only told to contact JTL (the training group) and they will tell me when I get my results.
I might contact them.

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I got my results within 10 minutes along with the marks and percentages for each section of questions , as I did for the 17th edition as well.
The certificate arrived about 4 weeks later.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I was not happy that any paper with hand writing was taken from me, before the test. Had to take off my watch as well.. :)
Luckily I had printed off my ref sheet on the comp.

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I had to stick everything other than my copy of bs7671 in a locker and give the key to an administrator

To add I did still have my clothes on......eventually:eek:

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
As mentioned, whoever runs the exam can get the result - with the percentage score - quite soon after. Guess it depends on how motivated they are as to how soon, or if at all, you can get the score from them. I had to ask (CertSure) despite at the time being told they would email the scores.

The paper certificate comes from C&G, and takes weeks, there is no sense of urgency. I just got my this week, from an exam on 20/June - taking almost 6 weeks.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Oh, another thing.
Since when are you not allowed to put notes in the 'Notes' section of the regs. Or you will have to take them pages out for the exam.
I put notes in the 'Notes' section for the 17th.

Reply to 18th Edition Results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom