Discuss 18th Edition testing software/forms for iPad in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm sure like everyone, EICR's are going mental and I'm looking to buy and iPad to do the forms on. I've asked some people IRL about which software works well on iPad and wanted to ask you guys. What can people recommend? What looks good and works well?

Ta!

I use iCertifi. Cheap and you get fire certs, pat certs and various other certs. Can email it and so on. Very good. A lot of auto complete and templates with tools for calcs and all sorts. V. Good

Are there any free ones for iPad?

ive used the model forms posted on here before to create pdf files to print, but can’t email the pdf as it’s still editable.

I have been looking at iCertifi, can I ask a question if possible. Does the format on your phone follow the testing sequence? Or do you have to open up circuit 1, insert r1+r2 then exit circuit 1 and open circuit 2 and insert r1+r2 etc? Or does the app automatically ask for the test results as per the testing sequence and populate the correct boxes ? If you catch my drift.

Still going to have to complete each circuit individually on paper. Bear in mind iCertifi completes most of the fields automatically. For instance on the top tabs you can choose rfc or lights and the circuit is filled in with size of cable method of installation and defaults such as 999Mohms IR or whatever you have set it up for. RCD times are saved and can be auto completed as well. All in all I reckon I could fill three circuits in by the time you have found your pen and paper. As well, I fill in as I go on the job. Better than smoke packet method. I send off the cert before I have left the job.

Still going to have to complete each circuit individually on paper. Bear in mind iCertifi completes most of the fields automatically. For instance on the top tabs you can choose rfc or lights and the circuit is filled in with size of cable method of installation and defaults such as 999Mohms IR or whatever you have set it up for. RCD times are saved and can be auto completed as well. All in all I reckon I could fill three circuits in by the time you have found your pen and paper. As well, I fill in as I go on the job. Better than smoke packet method. I send off the cert before I have left the job.
Cheers. I will subscribe to iCertifi and have a go with it.

Reply to 18th Edition testing software/forms for iPad in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net