Discuss 1st amendment courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

brs73

-
Reaction score
hello chaps
i know i'm a bit late but i'm wondering if i need to take a course on the first amendment.
ive been qualified for twenty years and i mostly do domestic/commercial these days
i think the only relevent parts would be the certification changes
if you have taken one:
was it worth it?
how long did it take?
how much?
thanks in advance
BRS

a bit in the air, that. if you want 17th ( 2382-12 ) then its 12 weeks evenings at local college about £250.

Why do you need to take a COURSE.
Just read and understand the amendments...simples!

Or is someone insisting you have a qualification (eg Part P scam body)?

"Down under Tradies" do a home study CD ROM if you have to do the exam quickly but don't want to take the time off work. They'll let you sit the exam on the basis that you've done the required amount of study at home rather than in the classroom.

elecsa have asked to see my 17th edition cert in the past so i'm expecting them to ask to see an amendment cert.
i could just try and read the amendments in the green regs book i have sitting in front of me i suppose!!
simples
Why do you need to take a COURSE.
Just read and understand the amendments...simples!

Or is someone insisting you have a qualification (eg Part P scam body)?

elecsa have asked to see my 17th edition cert in the past so i'm expecting them to ask to see an amendment cert.
i could just try and read the amendments in the green regs book i have sitting in front of me i suppose!!
simples

I'm pretty sure you will need the 1st amendment to to carry on with Elecsa. You can always ring them and ask, before the assessor turns up.

For NAPIT this is the official position

The update course is strictly for people coming from 16th to 17th edition.

The 17th edition amendment 1 requires no update course, although non-compulsory awareness courses are available.

I expect the other P Scams are the same (shall we call them SCAMPs from now on?)

You may well be tested on the updates at your next "annual" assessment though, so get reading those amendments!

Reply to 1st amendment courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock