Stroma Certification Scheme 1st Stroma assessment

Discuss 1st Stroma assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone got my 1st assessment coming up with Stroma / a governing body just wondered if anyone had any tips with regards the whole process as I’d imagine I’m feeling the same way everyone else did when they and their 1st assessment! Any tips will be appreciated

Thanks

If you dont know the answer to any question then look it up in the books, you are not expected to know everything off by heart but should know where to find it if required.
Dont blag them and make sure all the t's are crossed and i's dotted. as long as you are not a complete tool you should be alright. ensure the job you show them is upto scratch and no major issues.
make sure you know your safe isolation

A "me too" moment. Mine's in October
As well as the obvious skills, they seem to like back up paperwork in order. MFT calibration. Complaints procedure documented - that sort of thing.
Good luck.

Make sure you have a complaints procedure, register, letter etc They also want to see copies of eaw regs and part p (can be electronic versions!) also have an on site risk assessment. Make sure you have certificates for qualifications. They will ask you to test pfc and external earth fault and probably a ZS. They photograph everything so don’t expect to blag any documentation! Good luck.

Isolation and testing....

Is the cheque not connected to the cheque book?

Do the numbers match expected values? ;)

The Stroma assessment is far stricter than the Elecsa assessment

Make sure your sample jobs are 100% spot on and your certificates are also prefect...

Stroma insist on the following..
1. Complaints procedure.
2. Complaints ledger.
3. Complaints list.
4. PL insurance (minimum £2 million)
5. Pdf or booklet of building regs (explanatory booklet).
6. Pdf or hard copy of Part P.
7. Pdf or hard copy of up to date EAWR.
8. Bs7671 AND on site guide.
9. Health and safety sheet.
10. Risk assessment.
11. Calibration certificate.

I can't think of any others.
Try to relax, they are not there to fail you.
It's unlikely you'll have all the bits they require on your first assessment. They'll Just put it down as a non conformity and ask you to rectify it.

We all still get nervous on assessment date! :)

17th edition exam and books or 18th?

Serious question
Actually, if it's like the assessor I've just had he'll ask you to take the 17th to cover you for the next 3 months and then take the 18th in 3 months!

Only kidding OP;)

I had to produce both copies of BS7671 and On Site Guides. The argument being that you could now implement 18th edition if you wanted to or continue with 17th am3 until 1st Jan. I think if you did not have 18th they would put it down as a non conformity.

I had to produce both copies of BS7671 and On Site Guides. The argument being that you could now implement 18th edition if you wanted to or continue with 17th am3 until 1st Jan. I think if you did not have 18th they would put it down as a non conformity.
Obviously not a large enough envelope Mate, Law unto themselves these people, trouble is they hold the upper hand.

1. Complaints procedure.
2. Complaints ledger.
3. Complaints list.
10. Risk assessment.

It's unlikely you'll have all the bits they require on your first assessment. They'll Just put it down as a non conformity and ask you to rectify it.

When you say Health & Safety Sheet and Risk Assessment, what do we actually need? Is it just a basic H&S sheet or an electrician specific sheet and the risk assessment, is that for the work you’re showing them or a genetic risk assessment guide?

1. Complaints procedure.
2. Complaints ledger.
3. Complaints list.
10. Risk assessment.

When you say Health & Safety Sheet and Risk Assessment, what do we actually need? Is it just a basic H&S sheet or an electrician specific sheet and the risk assessment, is that for the work you’re showing them or a genetic risk assessment guide?

Had our first assesment today, NIC. After the initial part of nerves etc it went well. Went to 3 jobs, carried out a range of tests at each of them. Answered questions he had on why we did certain things from the regs, eg where does it say what size earth bond should be in place and what IP rating should the bathroom fan be to name a couple. Asked the reasons behind each test. Went through the 18th edition, changes and that i need to do the update before 01.01.2019.

I had everything set out ready in plastic wallets so it was easy to hand him things as he asked for them duribg the office audit. Made a few coffees.

I have done 3 previous inspections as a QS but this was defibatly the most nervy.

Reply to 1st Stroma assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net