Discuss 2 gang 2 way Touch dimmers ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJshep

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've got a request from a customer today.
At the moment they have standard 2 gang 2 way dimmer in their lounge but they want to change it because the stud wall it's mounted on backs in to their bedroom.
The click from the dimmer at night wakes the person up sleeping in the bedroom.

Trying to find something suitable has been a nightmare.

I asked the wholesaler and they came back with a Varilight IR 2 gang touch dimmer, I stupidly didn't investigate further and it turns out that none of them will work as for 2 way switching they require slaves (as i found out today ) also the other ends of the 2way switches are in grid, so fitting slaves isn't an option.

Anyone got any suggestions.

You can fit grid slaves but as far as I know so far only Danlers do them. They do crabtree, MK and Euro grid masters and slaves two and three wire push button and dimmers in their range. And the ordinary plate switch they tell me, is compatible with the grid range. Worth a look anyway as no noise. Of course you can also convert grids to plate and vice versa. Possible drawback is they require 35mm box, grids that is.

Reply to 2 gang 2 way Touch dimmers ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, in my bedroom i had a 2 gang dimmer that powered 2 set of 3 spot lights and also had passthrough wires to other sockets. Im changing to just...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am upgrading my traditional 2 gang light switch in the kitchen to a smart 2 gang dimmer switch. When I wired up the switch the switch...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm looking to smarten up my outside floodlights to react on camera detection so I think I need to purchase a 2-gang, 2-way smart...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock