Discuss 2 gang to 3 gang socket converter & RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thats an interesting one! You haven't extended the circuit etc ..... but doesnt sound like a like for like replacement?

Its got to be one of the two so my gut feeling opts for a "like for like replacement" in using the same wiring just a different front!

Tis a interesting one that I have pondered in the past, although I was considering single to double converters.

adding useable points but no more risk involved for the user, but the installation isn't really in the right direction either. Like for like? No it isn't for me. Never had to do it so I didn't quite decide what I would do exactly. Obviously adding rcd protection would be preferable.

House doesn't have any RCD protection but if I add additional sockets in a kitchen using 2 gang to 3 gang converter(s) only do you think I have to add RCD protection?

Adding a socket, not like for like, needs RCD. Someone electrocutes themselves off it and you're liable. This assumes they can demonstrate you fitted it. This is a hint.

OP, seems like a grey area this one. If you are a member of a scam it would be worth your while phoning their tech support up and asking them.

Why not add in an rcd and cost it in.
Advise the customer it is a requierment, everybody wins, you know it makes sense.

And sell it bigstyle, and perfectly legitimately, on the safety aspect. Explain to them that if a fault occurs and doesn't blow a fuse (e.g. worn/melted wire on an appliance exposes line conductor), then no fuse will blow to save them when they get a shock, only an RCD can do that.

Reply to 2 gang to 3 gang socket converter & RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just hoping for a bit of advice. When I travel abroad (Europe, predominantly Spain/Cyprus) I usually take a single travel adaptor and a UK 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I swapped a 2 gang switched socket for a 2 gang switchless socket with usb ports downstairs. I switched off all the power to the house by...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone… I’ve attached pictures for your leisure.. so basically the customer does not have any RCD protection.. 3036 fuseboard is in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
I have 3 gang switch that I would like to convert to a 2 gang switch. I have no need now or in the future for the 3rd switch and aesthetically the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock