Discuss 2 inline extract fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Noob2013

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice.

I have split my bathroom into two so I now have a bathroom and shower room next to each other.

I would like to fit an extract fan in each room but only with one hole to vent outside.

What's the best option?

Would I need 2 extract fans joined with ducting and some inline shutters so prevent backdraft?

Thanks

Could go from each room into a tee then duct to the fan. It would reduce the extract rate of the fan in each room so would need a good inline fan at the very least.

What's the issue with having a second hole?

Hi
you can run 2 bathrooms off the airflow inline fan put the branch before the fan only problem you have now is the switching unless you are happy to turn on both lights at same time, unless you put in small relay to stop that.
If fan is before the branch then it will extract from both rooms at same time can balance the shower ducts with vein Ommieter (hope I spelt that right) meter & then this will ensure they will extract at same rate.

Yeah its in my own house.

2 holes isn't practical due to ladder position restrictions but could be done if required.

Just after easiest option :)

I've also read that it needs to be pretty powerful for 2 rooms.

Any idea on the rate required for 2 rooms?

Could go from each room into a tee then duct to the fan. It would reduce the extract rate of the fan in each room so would need a good inline fan at the very least.

What's the issue with having a second hole?

Tee is not as good as a "Y" from a smooth airflow point of view.

Yeah its in my own house.

2 holes isn't practical due to ladder position restrictions but could be done if required.

Just after easiest option :)

I've also read that it needs to be pretty powerful for 2 rooms.

Any idea on the rate required for 2 rooms?

You can use 2 fans into a common discharge duct but you should go up at least one duct size after the point they join and you would need inline shutters on both rooms. You can also go with a common fan for both rooms but the wiring can get a bit tricky depending on existing layout and you'd need an adjustable diffuser in at least one of the rooms to give you some adjustment on the air balance. The room with the shower I'd be working on at least 20 room volume changes per hour and probably 15 changes on the other room.

or one of these .

The vents would look lovely

10940561_10155118312135581_796566869034476353_n.jpg

Reply to 2 inline extract fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net