Discuss 2 odd spanners as promised in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The cranked spanner looks like it could be designed to get to a viscous fan nut or similar in an engine bay, based on me having something similar for the fan nut on the landrover.

Thanks Dave , that would make some sense

I was given these by someone who was a retired boat mechanic

I just wondered what the 'correct' name was , especially for the spanner with the kink in it

I'm with Dave on this, looks like a water pump spanner for an engine. I've been supplied with offset box spanners in the past but their correct name eludes me.

Had to laugh when it describes it as Vintage, with Metric sockets??
Maybe Vintage is catching up with me quicker than I think, or is it me catching up with Vintage..

The O.P one looks relatively new, it's Wall drive.

There's more;

Last edited:
Had to laugh when it describes it as Vintage, with Metric sockets??
Maybe Vintage is catching up with me quicker than I think, or is it me catching up with Vintage..

Bit of both. it's been a while since metrication ( metrification ?) but it's very trendy to describe anything with a bit of muck on it as vintage.

Thanks Dave , that would make some sense

I was given these by someone who was a retired boat mechanic

I just wondered what the 'correct' name was , especially for the spanner with the kink in it

As far as I know the correct name/term is cranked spanner.

Pretty much anything pre 1970 can now be classed as 'vintage'

My Offering .
(initially disappeared - Now Too big for server .. Tech gets Testy.com )
Lazily now screen shotted !
==============
For Pete ,Enjoy !
==============

Attachments

• 2 odd spanners as promised Spanner-lo-rz - EletriciansForums.net
    Spanner-lo-rz.png
    617 KB · Views: 29
Is that a metric adjustable spanner or imperial? :)

I had this conversation recently - if the adjustable spanner length is in inches - then it’s imperial ;)
I can confirm your accuracy , one of mine is dual marked 300mm /12" but one is a lie,as it's 300mm.
--My mystery spanner is quite a good match for...
---12 1/2 Inches--
(teaching a tool tart :D:cool:)

Reply to 2 odd spanners as promised in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock