Discuss 2 supplies from same dis board to secound dis board??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solo2771

Hi all been a while since i been on here but been asked to connect up a couple of big ups's for a server room. Easy enough but problem is they want them to be powered by 2 x 3 phase circuits from another dis board ie 2 mcb's and 2 x swa feeds, I have asked them to use seperate boards in the server room for each supply and each ups but apparently the suppliers of the ups's say it is ok to use two supplies . They have not yet supplied wiring diagram for ups's or explained how they are to be connected but due to safety in the event of isolation or fault thought i would ask what people think on here?
The outcome they want is the output from both ups system to go through 1 dis board

Any thoughts?

Can't be that big if the normal supplies is via MCB's ...lol!!

To be honest, wait until you see the wiring schematic, otherwise it's assumptions. Better still, when you do get hold of them, post them up here and we'll have a look for you!!

Two UPS fed from two MCBs in the same board.
Nope, can't see a problem.
If it was one UPS fed from two MCBs in the same board, then yes I could see there would be a problem.

So if you were to feed the two UPS from separate boards, and one of the boards were to lose power, you would have one powered UPS feeding the dis board, and one unpowered UPS feeding it.
What would be the consequenses of one powered and one unpowered UPS's feeding the same dis board?

If the two UPS units feed the board via an automatic changeover it’s not uncommon to use separate feeds to each UPS. Often from two separate sources. If one feed fails the other steps in to take over the load.
You need to get a copy of the drawing and post it here.

Reply to 2 supplies from same dis board to secound dis board??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net